RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

cannot compile 2.0pre2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

cannot compile 2.0pre2 Tino Schwarze 22 Jan 10:59
Tino Schwarze
2004-01-22 10:59:28 UTC (over 20 years ago)

cannot compile 2.0pre2

(BTW: To the list moderator/admin: please discard my previous 2 mails, I had issues with the described address...)

I'm trying to compile 2.0pre2 and it fails with [...]
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gimp-2.0pre2/tools' /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o gimp-remote-1.3 gimp-remote.o -Wl,--export-dynamic -L/opt/gnome/lib -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lpangoxft-1.0 -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXmu -lXt libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.la' make[3]: *** [gimp-remote-1.3] Error 1

That is, libtool cannot link against libgobject which is actually installed in /opt/gnome/lib, not /usr/lib and I don't see any reason that libtool looks for the lib in /usr/lib...

I also tried to build configure and libtool manually (as described in HACKING but it didn't help).

Any hints?

Bye+Thanks! Tino.