RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

info dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

info dialog Carol Spears 17 Jan 18:23
  info dialog Sven Neumann 17 Jan 18:30
   info dialog Carol Spears 17 Jan 20:15
    info dialog Sven Neumann 17 Jan 20:34
     info dialog Carol Spears 17 Jan 21:28
      info dialog Carol Spears 17 Jan 21:55
  info dialog Carol Spears 17 Jan 22:26
   info dialog Sven Neumann 17 Jan 23:17
Carol Spears
2004-01-17 18:23:28 UTC (over 20 years ago)

info dialog

will the info dialog ever be dockable?

carol

Sven Neumann
2004-01-17 18:30:01 UTC (over 20 years ago)

info dialog

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

Most probably.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-01-17 20:15:22 UTC (over 20 years ago)

info dialog

Thanks for answering,
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 06:30:01PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

Most probably.

will this be anytime soon?

carol

Sven Neumann
2004-01-17 20:34:06 UTC (over 20 years ago)

info dialog

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

Most probably.

Carol, you know very well that we are in feature freeze. So as long as a dockable info dialog is not among the bugs that are marked for milestone 2.0, this feature will not make it into the 2.0 release. Of course it would have been nice if the info dialog was rewritten already. We know very well that it has lots of room for improvements.

Since you certainly knew all this beforehand, I wonder what you expected from this very short (and somewhat destructive) mail.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-01-17 21:28:46 UTC (over 20 years ago)

info dialog

re
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 08:34:06PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

Most probably.

Carol, you know very well that we are in feature freeze. So as long as a dockable info dialog is not among the bugs that are marked for milestone 2.0, this feature will not make it into the 2.0 release. Of course it would have been nice if the info dialog was rewritten already. We know very well that it has lots of room for improvements.

Since you certainly knew all this beforehand, I wonder what you expected from this very short (and somewhat destructive) mail.

when did it freeze?

no one asked me.

carol

Carol Spears
2004-01-17 21:55:43 UTC (over 20 years ago)

info dialog

oops, typo ...
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:28:46PM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:

re
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 08:34:06PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

Most probably.

when did it freeze?

no one asked me.

i meant to type told me. sorry.

carol

Carol Spears
2004-01-17 22:26:02 UTC (over 20 years ago)

info dialog

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 09:23:28AM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:

i have just learned that there is a feature freeze. i am not certain if this condition applies to moving existing dialogs to docks.

for some reason, i have this feeling that it would be a very good idea to move all of the information gimp can find and save it safely within the xcf format, before it is too late.

can we start here: /usr/include/X11/Xmu/ ??

put whatever information is here into xcf with the hope that gimp will be able to give the right help given this information?

carol

Sven Neumann
2004-01-17 23:17:15 UTC (over 20 years ago)

info dialog

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

for some reason, i have this feeling that it would be a very good idea to move all of the information gimp can find and save it safely within the xcf format, before it is too late.

can we start here: /usr/include/X11/Xmu/ ??

put whatever information is here into xcf with the hope that gimp will be able to give the right help given this information?

Carol, please, we are trying to get a job done here. Unless I missed something obvious, your mail doesn't make any sense. It's OK to have some fun on #gimp from time to time but please keep such weirdness off the mailing lists. If such mails show up frequently, I can imagine that quite a few people will unsubscribe from the mailing-lists. The mailing lists are vital for GIMP development, please respect this.

Sven