RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

PDB Interface to Script-Fu/GIMPressionist?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

PDB Interface to Script-Fu/GIMPressionist? Steven M. Castellotti 17 Jan 06:47
  PDB Interface to Script-Fu/GIMPressionist? Sven Neumann 17 Jan 11:45
Steven M. Castellotti
2004-01-17 06:47:09 UTC (over 20 years ago)

hey all-

(under Gimp 1.2)

Can anyone tell me how to call gimp plugs from a batch/scripting language when their PDB definitions list STRING for all of their values, even when the variables are obviously FLOATS for script-fu plug-ins such as script_fu_weave?

I've tried feeding the plug-ins the float values directly, or converting them to strings first, but not matter what I do the image/drawable saves identical to the original or the script simply fails.

I could provide a full list of script-fu plug-ins that I'm seening this problem with if it would help.

Further, is it possible to access plug-ins such as GIMPressionist when they have no variables listed at all by the PDB Explorer?

I haven't checked the Gimp 2.0 pre-release to see if this is fixed, if so I'm happy to just start using that for my batch processing.

Cheers in advance to any help anyone can provide...

Sven Neumann
2004-01-17 11:45:46 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

"Steven M. Castellotti" writes:

Can anyone tell me how to call gimp plugs from a batch/scripting language when their PDB definitions list STRING for all of their values, even when the variables are obviously FLOATS for script-fu plug-ins such as script_fu_weave?

This looks like a bug in 1.2 then. As far as I can see the script registers float values and that's what the DB Browser in gimp-1.3 is showing.

Further, is it possible to access plug-ins such as GIMPressionist when they have no variables listed at all by the PDB Explorer?

This means that the plug-in doesn't provide a PDB interface to be used non-interactively. Of course it would be nice if it did and we'd be happy about a patch that implements this.

I haven't checked the Gimp 2.0 pre-release to see if this is fixed, if so I'm happy to just start using that for my batch processing.

We'd appreciate if you tried the 2.0 pre-releases for your batch processing. Sooner or later you will have to switch anyway. If you give it some testing right now, we can try to fix possible problems even before 2.0 is out.

Sven