RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Re : Re : [Gimp-de veloper] CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 16 Jan 22:18
  CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build David Neary 16 Jan 22:36
   Re : [Gimp-developer ] CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 16 Jan 22:53
    Re : [Gimp- developer] CVS Hanuary 16th, 2 004 failed to b uild Sven Neumann 16 Jan 23:34
     Re : Re : [Gimp-de veloper] CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 17 Jan 00:07
Re : Re : [Gimp-de veloper] CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 16 Jan 23:51
Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-01-16 22:18:03 UTC (over 20 years ago)

CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build

Hi,

I got the following error:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/gimp-1.3.cvs/app/gui' if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -I../.. -I../../app - I../../app -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/ include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/ include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/ usr/X11R6/include -I/opt/gimp1.3/include -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"Gimp-GUI\" -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED - DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_MULTIHEAD_SAFE - DGTK_MULTIHEAD_SAFE -g -O2 -Wall -MT edit-commands.o -MD -MP -MF ". deps/edit-commands.Tpo" \
-c -o edit-commands.o `test -f 'edit-commands.c' || echo './'`edit- commands.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/edit-commands.Tpo" ".deps/edit-commands.Po"; \ else rm -f ".deps/edit-commands.Tpo"; exit 1; \ fi
edit-commands.c:139: error: conflicting types for `edit_paste_cmd_callback'
edit-commands.h:32: error: previous declaration of `edit_paste_cmd_callback'
make[3]: *** [edit-commands.o] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gimp-1.3.cvs/app/gui' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gimp-1.3.cvs/app' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gimp-1.3.cvs' make: *** [all] Error 2

--
Regards
- Jean-Luc

David Neary
2004-01-16 22:36:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build

Hi,

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

It is possible that the anoncvs server you're using has an inconsistent repository. To verify this, could you run "cvs status edit-commands.[ch]" in app/gui? The revisions should be
=================================================================== File: edit-commands.c Status: Up-to-date
Working revision: 1.41
Repository revision: 1.41
/cvs/gnome/gimp/app/gui/edit-commands.c,v Sticky Tag: (none)
Sticky Date: (none)
Sticky Options: (none)

=================================================================== File: edit-commands.h Status: Up-to-date
Working revision: 1.4
Repository revision: 1.4
/cvs/gnome/gimp/app/gui/edit-commands.h,v Sticky Tag: (none)

If you have another version of either of these files, you might have to wait until tomorrow to get back to a consistent state.

As an alternative, try using anoncvs3.gnome.org rather than anoncvs.gnome.org for your CVS updates, as there is one known dodgy anoncvs mirror in the mix.

Cheers, Dave.

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-01-16 22:53:34 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Re : [Gimp-developer ] CVS Hanuary 16th, 2004 failed to build

Le 16.01.2004 22:36, David Neary a écrit :

Hi,

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

It is possible that the anoncvs server you're using has an inconsistent repository. To verify this, could you run "cvs status edit-commands.[ch]" in app/gui? The revisions should be
=================================================================== File: edit-commands.c Status: Up-to-date

Working revision: 1.41 Repository revision: 1.41
/cvs/gnome/gimp/app/gui/edit-commands.c,v Sticky Tag: (none)

=================================================================== File: edit-commands.h Status: Up-to-date

Working revision: 1.4 Repository revision: 1.4
/cvs/gnome/gimp/app/gui/edit-commands.h,v Sticky Tag: (none)

If you have another version of either of these files, you might have to wait until tomorrow to get back to a consistent state.

As an alternative, try using anoncvs3.gnome.org rather than anoncvs.gnome.org for your CVS updates, as there is one known dodgy anoncvs mirror in the mix.

Cheers, Dave.

Seems to be the case:

[jean-luc@tangerine] ~/CVS-sources/gimp/app/gui $ cvs status edit- commands.[ch]

Working revision: 1.41 Repository revision: 1.41 /cvs/gnome/gimp/app/gui/edit-commands. c,v
Sticky Tag: (none)

Working revision: 1.3 Repository revision: 1.3 /cvs/gnome/gimp/app/gui/edit-commands. h,v

Thanks, I will wait until tomorrow, I'm not in a hurry ;-)

-- - Jean-Luc

Sven Neumann
2004-01-16 23:34:38 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Re : [Gimp- developer] CVS Hanuary 16th, 2 004 failed to b uild

Hi,

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" writes:

Waiting until tomorrow will not necessarily fix it. The problem is that there are two anoncvs servers and one of them is broken. If you are using anoncvs.gnome.org you are using a DNS round-robin:

$ host anoncvs.gnome.org anoncvs.gnome.org has address 130.239.18.151 anoncvs.gnome.org has address 138.100.8.6

The second one is broken for quite a while already. You better use anoncvs.gimp.org which is an alias for the first (usually very well-working) anoncvs server.

Sven

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-01-16 23:51:55 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Le 16.01.2004 23:34, Sven Neumann a écrit :

Hi,

Waiting until tomorrow will not necessarily fix it. The problem is that there are two anoncvs servers and one of them is broken. If you are using anoncvs.gnome.org you are using a DNS round-robin:

$ host anoncvs.gnome.org anoncvs.gnome.org has address 130.239.18.151 anoncvs.gnome.org has address 138.100.8.6

The second one is broken for quite a while already. You better use anoncvs.gimp.org which is an alias for the first (usually very well-working) anoncvs server.

Sven

Ok, thank you, I'm retrying with anoncvs.gimp.org .. I got a very different tree :-/

--
Regards
- Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-01-17 00:07:34 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Le 16.01.2004 23:34, Sven Neumann a écrit :

Hi,

Sven

I've downloaded the cvs version from gimp.org but I got the same wrond version for the files indicated by David : [jean-luc@tangerine] ~/CVS-sources/gimp/app/gui $ cvs status edit- commands.[ch]

Working revision: 1.41 Repository revision: 1.41 /cvs/gnome/gimp/app/gui/edit-commands. c,v

Working revision: 1.3 Repository revision: 1.3 /cvs/gnome/gimp/app/gui/edit-commands. h,v

-- Regards
- Jean-Luc