RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Missing glib

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Missing glib Daryl Lee 11 Jan 22:03
  Missing glib Sven Neumann 11 Jan 22:44
Daryl Lee
2004-01-11 22:03:34 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Missing glib

I'm trying to build gimp-2.0prel. I built glib-2.2.3, as evidenced by the output of "pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0". But when I try to build both Pango and ATK, their configure scripts whine about not having a correct version of glib. I've made sure PKG_CONFIG_PATH includes /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, where a proper glib .pc file exists. I just re-ran the glib configure/make/make check/make install drill, to no effect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Daryl

Sven Neumann
2004-01-11 22:44:19 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Missing glib

Hi,

Daryl Lee writes:

I'm trying to build gimp-2.0prel. I built glib-2.2.3, as evidenced by the output of "pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0". But when I try to build both Pango and ATK, their configure scripts whine about not having a correct version of glib. I've made sure PKG_CONFIG_PATH includes /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, where a proper glib .pc file exists. I just re-ran the glib configure/make/make check/make install drill, to no effect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Most probably the newer version of glib is not found by the linker or rather an older version is found instead. You should adjust your linker path (either by adjusting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or, if you are on Linux, by adding /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf).

Did you google for this problem? Since it is asked about once per week on gtk-list, I am pretty sure there are lots of hits.

Sven