RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gradient fill not working in CVS Head

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gradient fill not working in CVS Head Joao S. O. Bueno 23 Dec 21:59
  Gradient fill not working in CVS Head Sven Neumann 23 Dec 22:40
   Gradient fill not working in CVS Head Joao S. O. Bueno 24 Dec 03:26
Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-12-23 21:59:39 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi there,

I am going out right now, and have no time to fill a proper bug report.
I was working, and noted that gradient fill is working poorly in CVS HEAD - the first color, or beggning of the first segment of the gradient, is taking up almost all the area to be filled.

Anyway, the fill is far from being linear. I took a look at the Changelog and saw no gradient related stuff but the recent patch that showed up in this list.

Anyway, could someone confirm the bug, and fill the bug report/fix it?

Regards,

JS ->

Sven Neumann
2003-12-23 22:40:27 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

I am going out right now, and have no time to fill a proper bug report. I was working, and noted that gradient fill is working poorly in CVS HEAD - the first color, or beggning of the first segment of the gradient, is taking up almost all the area to be filled.

I cannot reproduce this here.

Anyway, the fill is far from being linear.

If you are doing a gradient from a dark to a light color, it won't look linear unless you gamma-correct your display. The color-picker should show you that the color values are linearily distributed.

Sven

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-12-24 03:26:25 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 19:40, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

I am going out right now, and have no time to fill a proper bug report. I was working, and noted that gradient fill is working poorly in CVS HEAD - the first color, or beggning of the first segment of the gradient, is taking up almost all the area to be filled.

I cannot reproduce this here.

It might be a problem caused by some library on my system. We have to isolate it, nonetheless.

Anyway, the fill is far from being linear.

If you are doing a gradient from a dark to a light color, it won't look linear unless you gamma-correct your display. The color-picker should show you that the color values are linearily distributed.

Actually, it is not gamma related. I have attached the files to bug 129931 for everyone involved to take a look.

Sven

Regards,
JS
->