RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Here Be Bounties

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Here Be Bounties Sven Neumann 14 Dec 18:41
  Here Be Bounties David Neary 14 Dec 20:04
  Here Be Bounties Joao S. O. Bueno 14 Dec 20:41
   Here Be Bounties Manish Singh 14 Dec 21:36
    Here Be Bounties Joao S. O. Bueno 15 Dec 00:24
     Here Be Bounties Manish Singh 15 Dec 00:29
      Here Be Bounties Joao S. O. Bueno 15 Dec 00:42
Sven Neumann
2003-12-14 18:41:56 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Here Be Bounties

Hi,

I'd like to draw your attention to this URL:

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/bounty.html

Sven

David Neary
2003-12-14 20:04:54 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Here Be Bounties

Hi,

That reminds me of some mail I got from a guy who also proposed prizes for GIMP functionality. I believe that he mailed to the list, he also posted on Usenet a few times.

As a point of interest, what should we do when this kind of thing happens? Debate the features, decide which we'd like to have anyway, and then publish the bounties on wgo or dgo as is happenning for the GNOME/Ximian bounties? Open bugzilla bugs for each feature, and let nature take its course?

Working on bounties might be an interesting way to fundraise for the GIMP community to pay for things like travel to GIMPCons and costs associated with the Foundation, if people decided to donate their prizes.

Cheers,
Dave.

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-12-14 20:41:59 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Here Be Bounties

Since it talks specifically about GIMP python, which me, by chance, was trying for the very first time in gimp 1.3 (no kidding --- I've been on gimp 1.2 with my python fu stuff so far), it is interesting to mention that as of now gimpImage neither gimp.pdb.gimp_image_new seens to be working. Therefore it is currently impossible to create a new gimp image from python.

I am posting it here instead of bugzilla just to check if I am missing something obvious.

JS ->

On Sunday 14 December 2003 15:41, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to draw your attention to this URL:

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/bounty.html

Sven _______________________________________________ Gimp-developer mailing list
Gimp-developer@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer

Manish Singh
2003-12-14 21:36:37 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Here Be Bounties

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 05:41:59PM -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

Since it talks specifically about GIMP python, which me, by chance, was trying for the very first time in gimp 1.3 (no kidding --- I've been on gimp 1.2 with my python fu stuff so far), it is interesting to mention that as of now gimpImage neither gimp.pdb.gimp_image_new seens to be working. Therefore it is currently impossible to create a new gimp image from python.

I am posting it here instead of bugzilla just to check if I am missing something obvious.

What exactly are you seeing? It works fine here.

-Yosh

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-12-15 00:24:54 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Here Be Bounties

On Sunday 14 December 2003 18:36, Manish Singh wrote:

I just tried to create a new Image from the python console,a nd got this:

b=gimp.Image (1, 640, 480)

Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 1, in ?
error: could not create image

-Yosh

Manish Singh
2003-12-15 00:29:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Here Be Bounties

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 09:24:54PM -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

I just tried to create a new Image from the python console,a nd got this:

Try b = gimp.Image(640, 480, RGB)

I'm not sure where you got the "1," idea from, it's not like this in pygimp 1.2 either.

-Yosh

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-12-15 00:42:55 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Here Be Bounties

On Sunday 14 December 2003 21:29, Manish Singh wrote:

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 09:24:54PM -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 05:41:59PM -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno

wrote:

I just tried to create a new Image from the python console,a nd got

this:

Try b = gimp.Image(640, 480, RGB)

I'm not sure where you got the "1," idea from, it's not like this in pygimp 1.2 either.

-Yosh

It was just that. I tried the parameters in the wrong order - the documentation is ok on the PDB, but I was looking for documentation at the Python Image object, and when I did i not find it, I just forgot to look anywere else. Thank you.