RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GimpCon 2004

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

23 of 23 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GimpCon 2004 David Neary 19 Nov 18:49
  GimpCon 2004 David Neary 20 Nov 09:53
   GimpCon 2004 Tino Schwarze 20 Nov 11:23
    GimpCon 2004 David Neary 20 Nov 15:26
  GimpCon 2004 Carol Spears 20 Nov 11:42
   GimpCon 2004 David Neary 20 Nov 15:23
    GimpCon 2004 Sven Neumann 20 Nov 15:42
    GimpCon 2004 Carol Spears 20 Nov 16:29
     GimpCon 2004 David Neary 20 Nov 16:56
      GimpCon 2004 Carol Spears 20 Nov 17:15
       GimpCon 2004 David Neary 20 Nov 17:58
        GimpCon 2004 Carol Spears 20 Nov 19:04
         GimpCon 2004 David Neary 20 Nov 22:41
        GimpCon 2004 Carol Spears 21 Nov 00:11
         GimpCon 2004 Henrik Brix Andersen 21 Nov 00:34
          GimpCon 2004 Carol Spears 21 Nov 01:49
          GimpCon 2004 Carol Spears 21 Nov 08:24
           GimpCon 2004 Henrik Brix Andersen 21 Nov 10:08
         GimpCon 2004 Manish Singh 21 Nov 00:43
         GimpCon 2004 David Neary 21 Nov 12:04
        GimpCon 2004 Sven Neumann 21 Nov 01:36
         GimpCon 2004 David Neary 21 Nov 13:42
       GimpCon 2004 Sven Neumann 20 Nov 18:21
David Neary
2003-11-19 18:49:08 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi all,

A while back (quite a while actually) I tried to start a discussion about where we might have next year's GimpCon. There were 2 main ideas - the first is to stage something more or less standalone - 20 odd people turn up somewhere and talk about the GIMP for 4 days. The second is to piggy-back on an existing event, taking advantage of the organisation and financing of the bigger event.

I asked for ideas of events, and offers to organise the location for the 20 odd people. I also asked for proposals for dates. Unfortunately, the response was less than I'd expected, which means I probably didn't ask properly :)

Today a few of us were talking about this on IRC, and a couple of concrete proposals came up. Well, more sandy-water proposals at the moment...

1) Lyon

Myself and David Odin live here, we're both active in the local LUG and might get some organisational help there, David works in a university and has cleared the "in principle" issue with his boss. We would have some rooms in a university, with access to the university network, and probably guest accounts on the university network. There has been no talk of money, so we don't know how much all this access might cost.

Plus: Facilities

Minus: Lyon isn't easy to get to, which means higher transport costs. Dates after the 25th of June are best.

2) GUADEC

The GNOME Users and Developers Conference is in the process of organising itself for the last week in June; this is about the time that I think it would be good to have a conference (around the time 2.2 comes out), before we break lots of stuff doing a gegl migration.

Plus: Everything will be organised. Lots of smart people around.

Minus: We're not a GNOME app, so we probably won't get travel expenses paid by the organisers (we can always ask, though - perhaps we can get a Graphics stream added, and have 4 or 5 people give presentations and get expenses that way). Again, Norway's not easy to get to. If we are having problems getting money, sponsorship might be tough (most people liable to sponsor us will also probably be sponsoring GUADEC)

3) London

Sven knows some people in London who might be prepared to put in the organisational effort.

Plus: London = cheap transport

Minus: We don't know what facilities will be available.

Other ideas (conferences we could hijack, or places where people would be able to organise stuff for us) are welcome, as well as comments on these.

Please note that I have not talked about money at all really... IMHO, we need a someone who will handle the money, and a group of someones who will look for sponsorship. The problem is that we often need somebody, who could be anybody, but everybody thinks somebody will do it, and in the end nobody ends up doing it :) So it would be nice to start naming our somebodies now.

Cheers, Dave.

David Neary
2003-11-20 09:53:35 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi again,

David Neary wrote:

Today a few of us were talking about this on IRC, and a couple of concrete proposals came up. Well, more sandy-water proposals at the moment...

A 4th possibility to add to the mix...

4) Dublin, Ireland

I was chatting to some friends in Dublin, and their LUG has been offered conference facilities free of charge for a limited period. We're short on details at the moment, but in brief, there is a conference room for up to 20 people, a lecture theatre for up to 45 people. Not sure what the access times will be like (robably business hours), but it might be worth exploring.

Pros: Possibly free facilities, fairly cheap to get to, pubs

Cons: Weather, expensive city

Each of these possibilities needs to be fleshed out (possible dates, whether there's funding, facility costs, who's going to do the organising, etc) pretty quickly. And if there are others, the same types of things need doing for them too.

Could I have a volunteer to liaise with the GNOME foundation to see if they are open to the idea of subsuming the gimp developers conference? It would be nice to know if they think it's a good idea, and then perhaps whether we could get some money for expenses towards it from the bigger GUADEC pool...

I will flesh out the Lyon possibility, and keep in contact with the Dublin people to see exactly what's on offer in terms of facilities, and what types of dates we would be talking about.

It would be nice to add another couple of possibilities. Anyone have dates that they prefer? I *really* need feedback on this.

Cheers, Dave.

Tino Schwarze
2003-11-20 11:23:52 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 09:53:35AM +0100, David Neary wrote:

A 4th possibility to add to the mix...

4) Dublin, Ireland

5) Chemnitz, Germany

There will be "Chemnitzer Linux-Tag 2004" (Chemnitz Linux Day 2004) on 6th and 7th of March 2004.

Pros and cons: + free access to university network (incl. WLAN) - only 2 days (is this a k.o. criterion?) - I'm not sure whether there are rooms left (but I guess so) + we're planning low-cost accomodation anyway - Chemnitz isn't very easy to get to (you'd need to fly to Dresden, then go by train)
+ probably not too much to organize additionally - no idea who might sponsor the traveling costs +/- some GNOME and/or KDE people will be there

Bye, Tino.

Carol Spears
2003-11-20 11:42:41 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

How about we know what funding there is and how much gimp has to work with.

Or skip all that and just show up somewhere and send the bill to dsrogers? Call it faith in misinformation.

carol

David Neary
2003-11-20 15:23:47 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Carol Spears wrote:

Or skip all that and just show up somewhere and send the bill to dsrogers? Call it faith in misinformation.

As I said, I think that we will need someone to be the money face on the group. Someone who will be (while we're waiting for the foundation to be up & running) the person the checks will be made out to.

But we will need a number of people to hustle for money (companies who use the GIMP and Linux companies who ship the GIMP on commercial offerings would be the 2 big target groups), and eventually send on details to our money person to "close" the sponsorship deal.

We will also need to start thinking about merchandising a bit earlier than last year, I think, and perhaps have someone make up a T-Shirt in the next month or so?

I know that there is at least one prospective sponsor who has said he will put some money (perhaps 4 figures) towards the conference - a few more like that and we will not have problems paying travel expenses (depending, of course, on the location) - 20 people at an average of about 400 euros each (does that sound right compared to last year, Sven?) means to pay everything we'd need about 8K euros. This year we'll be adding in accomodation (which we didn't have to worry too much about last year, thanks in great part to Sven and mitch, and the CCC) which could add as much as 200 euros per person to the cost.

I think that we need an event before we go looking for money, though. Saying that we want sponsorship for a vague conference that we might have next year doesn't compare to asking for money for the conference we're going to have on dates X, Y and Z in Kletzenberg.

But sure, money is something we'll need to think about soon too. First things first, we need 3 or 4 volunteers who will prostrate themselves before big companies and ask for a few grand sponsorship. And someone to spearhead the effort who has a good financial head on them, and has some knowledge of figures.

Cheers, Dave.

David Neary
2003-11-20 15:26:40 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi Tino,

Tino Schwarze wrote:

5) Chemnitz, Germany

There will be "Chemnitzer Linux-Tag 2004" (Chemnitz Linux Day 2004) on 6th and 7th of March 2004.

March seems a little early to me - that means only 3 months to organise the event, including sponsorship. Plus, with 2.0 before Christmas, 2.2 won't be before June, and I would have liked to see GimpCon 04 celebrate its release.

Pros and cons:
- only 2 days (is this a k.o. criterion?)

Not at all... guadec is also only 2 days, but people could come before/stay after to do some work. In fact, with guadec being Monday and Tuesday, I think that's the GNOME plan.

Thanks Tino, it's an idea, it's on the list. For me the big down point is that it's very soon, though.

Cheers, Dave.

Sven Neumann
2003-11-20 15:42:23 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi,

David Neary writes:

I know that there is at least one prospective sponsor who has said he will put some money (perhaps 4 figures) towards the conference - a few more like that and we will not have problems paying travel expenses (depending, of course, on the location) - 20 people at an average of about 400 euros each (does that sound right compared to last year, Sven?) means to pay everything we'd need about 8K euros. This year we'll be adding in accomodation (which we didn't have to worry too much about last year, thanks in great part to Sven and mitch, and the CCC) which could add as much as 200 euros per person to the cost.

Good that you remind me of this. I still need to publish the numbers about this years' GimpCon. I've made the accounting but I will have to summarize and anonymify it a bit before I can post it here and to the sponsors. There's also a tiny bit of money left (around 400 Euros).

Will try to get this done soon. Perhaps someone can remind me if I forget about it again...

Sven

Carol Spears
2003-11-20 16:29:40 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:23:47PM +0100, David Neary wrote:

Carol Spears wrote:

I think that we need an event before we go looking for money, though. Saying that we want sponsorship for a vague conference that we might have next year doesn't compare to asking for money for the conference we're going to have on dates X, Y and Z in Kletzenberg.

as far as i am concerned, this event and all of the other ones suggested here have already occured.

while people were struggling with real life problems and such, they were told that a presentation would be needed for consideration for a recent trip to talk about gimp with real life people.

having volunteered much of my efforts and work already, i really really didn't have time to do this again.

someone did get to go, travel and such paid for. no presentation that was shown to me.

everything outlined in this letter has already been done, perhaps several times over. then over again. then again just to be sure.

where is the money? how much is there? who are the contributers and what did they intend to get from the money.

faith shall set you free.

i have much faith in the misinformation surrounding gimp.org.

carol

David Neary
2003-11-20 16:56:17 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi Carol,

Carol Spears wrote:

I think that we need an event before we go looking for money, though.

as far as i am concerned, this event and all of the other ones suggested here have already occured.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you... when I talk about an even, I mean something that we can then "sell" to people for sponsorship. That is, that we can say that we have concrete plans that we need to finance.

while people were struggling with real life problems and such, they were told that a presentation would be needed for consideration for a recent trip to talk about gimp with real life people.

I have lost you a little here - are you talking about Roman's efforts to gather resources for presentations? Or dsrogers's call for ideas on what to present at comdex? Or something else?

someone did get to go, travel and such paid for. no presentation that was shown to me.

In fairness (I think you are talking about comdex) what ORA does with their money, and who they decide to invite to an event, is outside the scope of this discussion. There are 3 or 4 GIMP people in the US, and 1 or 2 (not sure how many) went to represent the GIMP. This is completely different from organising a developers conference to outline the future of the gimp.

everything outlined in this letter has already been done, perhaps several times over. then over again. then again just to be sure.

Which letter?

where is the money? how much is there? who are the contributers and what did they intend to get from the money.

I'm afraid that I have no idea what you're talking about here. Could you clarify what money you're talking about, which letter, and particularly what this has to do with the conference next year? Thanks.

Cheers,
Dave.

Carol Spears
2003-11-20 17:15:28 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 04:56:17PM +0100, David Neary wrote:

Hi Carol,

Carol Spears wrote:

I think that we need an event before we go looking for money, though.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you... when I talk about an even, I mean something that we can then "sell" to people for sponsorship. That is, that we can say that we have concrete plans that we need to finance.

I have lost you a little here - are you talking about Roman's efforts to gather resources for presentations? Or dsrogers's call for ideas on what to present at comdex? Or something else?

In fairness (I think you are talking about comdex) what ORA does with their money, and who they decide to invite to an event, is outside the scope of this discussion. There are 3 or 4 GIMP people in the US, and 1 or 2 (not sure how many) went to represent the GIMP. This is completely different from organising a developers conference to outline the future of the gimp.

Which letter?

I'm afraid that I have no idea what you're talking about here. Could you clarify what money you're talking about, which letter, and particularly what this has to do with the conference next year? Thanks.

My questions can all be answered very simply.

How much money is there?

Who contributed it?

For what reason was it contributed?

Please, Mr. Neary. Answer these questions, not reask your own.

carol

David Neary
2003-11-20 17:58:33 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi Carol,

I really missed the point of your last 2 mails, but here's the answers to your questions...

Carol Spears wrote:

How much money is there?

There's lots of money. Every country makes their own. The European central bank makes billions of euros. I don't know how much money is at the disposition of the GIMP project, though. Sven said there's about 400 euros left over from the GIMP conference last Summer.

Who contributed it?

FSF Europe, ORA, FlamingText GIMP and someone else I can't remember gave us money for the last conference, of which 400 euros remains. Apple also lent us some equipment.

So that we could have a conference, no strings attached...

I really didn't understand what you were asking. I would have appreciated you clearing that up... since you didn't, I'm kind of guessing what you meant.

Cheers, Dave.

Sven Neumann
2003-11-20 18:21:23 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi Carol

Carol Spears writes:

None of your questions make any sense (at least not to me).

How much money is there?

What money are you talking about?

Who contributed it?

ditto

ditto

Perhaps you could try to come up with a mail that people have a chance to understand. Otherwise please try to keep out of this discussion since we risk to drift away from the actual topic which is where and when the next GIMP conference should take place.

Sven

Carol Spears
2003-11-20 19:04:40 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 05:58:33PM +0100, David Neary wrote:

Hi Carol,

I really missed the point of your last 2 mails, but here's the answers to your questions...

Carol Spears wrote:

How much money is there?

There's lots of money. Every country makes their own. The European central bank makes billions of euros. I don't know how much money is at the disposition of the GIMP project, though. Sven said there's about 400 euros left over from the GIMP conference last Summer.

Who contributed it?

FSF Europe, ORA, FlamingText GIMP and someone else I can't remember gave us money for the last conference, of which 400 euros remains. Apple also lent us some equipment.

So that we could have a conference, no strings attached...

I really didn't understand what you were asking. I would have appreciated you clearing that up... since you didn't, I'm kind of guessing what you meant.

if i had answers to my questions, i would be able to answer yours.

the misinformation is from gimp.org. there was funding available to send someone to las vegas to represent gimp there.

a few of us were told that gimp.org would be expected to put up funding to deliver the person to the event. fans and people working for gimp had pride in the developers and the application they labored so much over and said "no funding, no interest".

turns out there was money provided.

there is not a foundation yet and we start out with different information from gimp.org and from gimp.foundation.

i am not going to explain this again. if you do not understand the problems with this situation, i don't think you should be handling it.

i don't know who the best representative is; probably not me as I am about as bruised and beaten as this life can do to me. but the people who want to go get told they need to present the presentation first for consideration. the person who went did not do such a thing. this sucks. anyone doing this should be cut off from access to anything regarding gimp immediately. there are many volunteers who have to the best of my knowledge gone without reward for a very long time.

there are presentations, then there are excellent presentations of crappy supporting software as well.

this was a complete list of money available to gimp and people wanting to contribute and their reasons to contribute?

i think not. can you give a more complete list; maybe let known some of the mail in the exchange. phone call recordings. scans of snail mail. notes taken. cookies in browsers. any thing at all that might let known what is going on with the gimp and its finances.

carol

David Neary
2003-11-20 22:41:42 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Carol Spears wrote:

the misinformation is from gimp.org. there was funding available to send someone to las vegas to represent gimp there.

Any money that paid for someone to go to Vegas was payed by ORA (O'Reilly and Associates) as a result of their competition to send 6 open source projects to comdex. The GIMP came in #5.

a few of us were told that gimp.org would be expected to put up funding to deliver the person to the event. fans and people working for gimp had pride in the developers and the application they labored so much over and said "no funding, no interest".

I wasn't aware of that. Could you tell me who told you that?

there is not a foundation yet and we start out with different information from gimp.org and from gimp.foundation.

I hadn't realised there was any informatyion for anyoine. The only information I saw about comdex was the bugzilla report opened by Steve Mallett and his blog (where I voted, several times).

i am not going to explain this again. if you do not understand the problems with this situation, i don't think you should be handling it.

It's not that I don't understand the problems with the situation - it's that I don't know about the situation. Do you ithink that someone else should have gone to Vegas? I don't understand the way you are seeing this comdex thing.

i don't know who the best representative is; probably not me as I am about as bruised and beaten as this life can do to me. but the people who want to go get told they need to present the presentation first for consideration.

Please, name names. Who wanted to go that didn't go? No-one asked me to vouch for anyone (including yosh and Dan) - could you explain where the problem is, pelase?

the person who went did not do such a thing. this sucks. anyone doing this should be cut off from access to anything regarding gimp immediately. there are many volunteers who have to the best of my knowledge gone without reward for a very long time.

Anyone doing what? Anyone taking a junket? I don't understand... there was an offer to have representation at comdex. The only people I saw respond were Dan and yosh. Who else said they would have liked to go? And where? I didn't see any of this...

this was a complete list of money available to gimp and people wanting to contribute and their reasons to contribute?

i think not. can you give a more complete list; maybe let known some of the mail in the exchange.

I gave you as much information as I have - you have the same information. I have received no mail specifying dollar amounts, if that's what you're asking. I think perhaps you are mixing up GIMP organised stuff with external events where GIMP people get invited. The GIMP has no money (Sven says we have 400 euros).

I hope this clears up any confusion. As we might say in Ireland, please don't get your knickers in a twist.

Cheers, Dave.

Carol Spears
2003-11-21 00:11:03 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

lets take a different approach.

when you don't have the money to pay for the flight to represent the gimp at a conference or whatever the event, you won't be volunteering. i was unable to fund a flight to las vegas to represent TheGIMP; i tried to make myself available to dsrogers to help with one. i thought it was very nice that he had the money to get himself there and did not worry with little facts like that he doesn't know that much about TheGIMP and what have you. i also tried to do some things locally to see that I might be able to fund myself enough to pay for the flight to las vegas to represent TheGIMP for a crowd, large or small.

to find out that 1) the trip was funded and 2) dsrogers went without a plan of what he would say or do there. i am simply unable to explain more than this.

so here is a new question. what qualified dsrogers to attend this gimp event?

carol

Henrik Brix Andersen
2003-11-21 00:34:34 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 00:11, Carol Spears wrote:

to find out that 1) the trip was funded and 2) dsrogers went without a plan of what he would say or do there. i am simply unable to explain more than this.

We didn't know that the trip was funded before Dan arrived in Vegas.

What makes you think that Dan did not have a plan of what he would say or do there?

Dan offered to represent The GIMP at COMDEX even though he had to pay for the trip and the stay himself. I have no knowledge of other people offering this. Since GIMPCon 2003 Dan has also been actively working on making The GIMP Foundation a reality, an assignment that requires just the kind of knowledge I think would fit in very well with the visitors at COMDEX. I think Dan it very well qualified to represent The GIMP there.

What qualifies you to represent The GIMP?

./Brix

Manish Singh
2003-11-21 00:43:59 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:11:03PM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:

lets take a different approach.

when you don't have the money to pay for the flight to represent the gimp at a conference or whatever the event, you won't be volunteering. i was unable to fund a flight to las vegas to represent TheGIMP; i tried to make myself available to dsrogers to help with one. i thought it was very nice that he had the money to get himself there and did not worry with little facts like that he doesn't know that much about TheGIMP and what have you. i also tried to do some things locally to see that I might be able to fund myself enough to pay for the flight to las vegas to represent TheGIMP for a crowd, large or small.

To clear things up, O'Reilly only paid for the hotel, and that's only after it was made clear to them that nobody would come to represent GIMP unless hotel was covered. What qualified dsrogers was that he lives close enough to Vegas to drive there in a reasonable amount of time, precisely because there weren't funds for airfare.

They also didn't even provide computer hardware. It didn't really seem like they allocated a whole lot of funds in general, or really think that there actually are still major free software projects that don't have corporate backing. Chalk it up to them doing something new at the last minute I guess.

-Yosh

Sven Neumann
2003-11-21 01:36:09 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi,

Who contributed it?

Please let me get things straight on the fundings for the GIMP Developers Conference this summer. Dave confused a few things here.

The by far largest contribution came from the Free Software Foundation. Not the FSF Europe as Dave said above, but from the FSF. The FSF also paid all travel costs for the last GIMP conference we had three years ago.

Other sponsors for this year's conference were O'Reilly Germany and MacGimp. Gregory Cameron from Flaming Text also sent some money that we used to print T-Shirts for everyone attending as well as for a few people that helped with the GimpTent. We even printed a few more shirts and made a few bucks selling them at the Camp.

Wacom sent a couple of tablets that we had to return after the event and the CCC gave us a G4 plus monitor to use. This computer came from some equipment that Apple(?) lent the CCC for the Camp. That was a welcomed addition since we lost one PC on transport from convergence, the employer of Mitch and me.

These fundings alone wouldn't have been sufficient to pay for travel costs and the expenses we had for the tent and other equipment. Fortunately there was some money that The GIMP got when receiving the Linux New Media Awards 2000. This and the fact that not everyone we planned for could actually show up in Berlin caused the fact that there's now some money left. This money will help whoever organizes the next conference.

Sven

Carol Spears
2003-11-21 01:49:14 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:34:34AM +0100, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

We didn't know that the trip was funded before Dan arrived in Vegas.

What makes you think that Dan did not have a plan of what he would say or do there?

dan did when i asked him.

Dan offered to represent The GIMP at COMDEX even though he had to pay for the trip and the stay himself. I have no knowledge of other people offering this. Since GIMPCon 2003 Dan has also been actively working on making The GIMP Foundation a reality, an assignment that requires just the kind of knowledge I think would fit in very well with the visitors at COMDEX. I think Dan it very well qualified to represent The GIMP there.

nothing.

what qualifies you to ask me this?

carol

Carol Spears
2003-11-21 08:24:04 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

excuse me, my last reply was fairly rude.

this is what qualifies me to represent TheGIMP. i latched onto a project with a poor girl who was in over her head. i said no to everything she said until she asked me to stop that and then i said yes to everything. then i quit because it wasn't fun anymore. when a chance came up to get cvs access to all of the other projects, i used this lame project to get this chance. then i continued to insult the original girl i offered to "help".

oh wait, this is what you did. sorry. i am trying to think of what special interests qualify me to represent TheGIMP and all i can think of is ways other people have used to get things from me.

thanks for asking this question. anymore questions?

carol

Henrik Brix Andersen
2003-11-21 10:08:26 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 08:24, Carol Spears wrote:

excuse me, my last reply was fairly rude.

this is what qualifies me to represent TheGIMP. i latched onto a project with a poor girl who was in over her head. i said no to everything she said until she asked me to stop that and then i said yes to everything. then i quit because it wasn't fun anymore. when a chance came up to get cvs access to all of the other projects, i used this lame project to get this chance. then i continued to insult the original girl i offered to "help".

oh wait, this is what you did. sorry. i am trying to think of what special interests qualify me to represent TheGIMP and all i can think of is ways other people have used to get things from me.

thanks for asking this question. anymore questions?

No, that pretty much answers my question. Thank you.

./Brix

David Neary
2003-11-21 12:04:53 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Let me clarify a bit.

Carol Spears wrote:

When I heard about the comdex thing, I assumed that there was finding from O'Reilly. The fact that there wasn't surprises (and disappoints) me. And let me emphasise that this is a completely different issue to fundraising for a gimp conference.

dsrogers asked for help to organise a presentation at short notice to the list. As far as I know, he got several good ideas of things to show off there.

Cheers,
Dave.

David Neary
2003-11-21 13:42:11 UTC (over 20 years ago)

GimpCon 2004

Hi,

Sven Neumann wrote:

Please let me get things straight on the fundings for the GIMP Developers Conference this summer. Dave confused a few things here.

Sorry - indeed I did. I got the global ORA mixed up with ORA Germany, and I believed that it had been FSF Europe who gave us lots of money. And the rest of the errors :)

Hopefully this year I'll be in a better position to know.

Cheers, Dave.