RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fwd: Gimp 1.3.22 on Mac OS 10.3.1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

55CE0D0E-1579-11D8-B449-000... 07 Oct 20:22
  Fwd: Gimp 1.3.22 on Mac OS 10.3.1 Sven Neumann 13 Nov 14:02
   Fwd: Gimp 1.3.22 on Mac OS 10.3.1 Jeshua Lacock 14 Nov 09:58
Sven Neumann
2003-11-13 14:02:50 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

OpenOSX Sales writes:

I am attempting to build Gimp 1.3.22 here on Mac OS X 10.3.1 (darwin 7.0) with gcc 3.3 and all goes well until what appears to be the final linking stages at which point I get several undefined symbols.

ld: Undefined symbols: gimp_container_filter
gimp_xml_parser_new
gimp_drawable_stroke_vectors
_gimp_xml_parser_free
_gimp_xml_parser_new
_gimp_xml_parser_parse_file
_gimp_container_get_filtered_name_array

As we found out lately, it seems that MacOS X is doing the same as Windows does and prefixes symbols with an underscore. So in order to build GIMP you will need to edit app/Makefile and set symprefix to _ just like it is done for OS_WIN32 already. Please report back if this fixes your problem so that we can put this solution into CVS.

Sven

Jeshua Lacock
2003-11-14 09:58:27 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Nov 13, 2003, at 6:02 AM, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

OpenOSX Sales writes:

I am attempting to build Gimp 1.3.22 here on Mac OS X 10.3.1 (darwin 7.0) with gcc 3.3 and all goes well until what appears to be the final linking stages at which point I get several undefined symbols.

ld: Undefined symbols: gimp_container_filter
gimp_xml_parser_new
gimp_drawable_stroke_vectors
_gimp_xml_parser_free
_gimp_xml_parser_new
_gimp_xml_parser_parse_file
_gimp_container_get_filtered_name_array

As we found out lately, it seems that MacOS X is doing the same as Windows does and prefixes symbols with an underscore. So in order to build GIMP you will need to edit app/Makefile and set symprefix to _ just like it is done for OS_WIN32 already. Please report back if this fixes your problem so that we can put this solution into CVS.

Sven,

That did the trick, THANKS!

I simply uncommented the "symprefix = _" line and all is well.

I must say that the 1.3.x series is absolutely BEAUTIFUL (not that the 1.2.x series was shabby), and my hat goes off to the whole team. I am way impressed! Congratulations!

Thanks again,

Jeshua Lacock __________________________ Programmer/Owner Phone: 760.935.4736 http://OpenOSX.com Fax: 760.935.4845 -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_