RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

jobs for the boys: RIP coders wanted

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

jobs for the boys: RIP coders wanted Austin Donnelly 04 Nov 15:06
Austin Donnelly
2003-11-04 15:06:43 UTC (over 20 years ago)

jobs for the boys: RIP coders wanted

Hi GIMPers,

I know this is a little off-topic, but it's definitely interesting to anyone looking for a job in the pre-press software industry.

Ben Hobbs (from Idealpeople, a recruitment firm) is looking for people with experience of RIPs, and other pre-press issues. I've put a message from him below.

Thanks,
Austin

----------------------------------------------- Hi Austin,

I have been enjoying your explanations on FM Screening and dithering, They have helped me understand one of our specs a great deal more, Thanks.

We have recently set up a division (me) to focus exclusively on recruitment for the pre-press/print technology industry and are finding it hard to come by candidates.

We are currently after:

* RIP Coder with experience of Colour Management (ICC Profiles etc...) - Australia Permanent position with full help in re-location, work permit and immigration issues.

* Screening Consultant for a RIP company in Europe

* RIP Coders for a UK based company (London)

Do you know anyone who would be interested in any of these positions, If so then please let me know!

Basically we are interested in all coders with experience of RIP's, PCL and digital print technologies overall. This is really very appreciated, its actually been very refreshing for me trying to source these vacancies. The help people have given me I have not seen in any other area of software development, Oh and we are particularly interested in Linux guys for the Australian role.

Regards,
Ben Hobbs
Idealpeople