RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

16 new brushes for the GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

16289.53265.808000.280599@g... Tor Lillqvist 31 Oct 03:59
  16 new brushes for the GIMP Branko Collin 31 Oct 11:23
  16 new brushes for the GIMP Sven Neumann 31 Oct 17:26
   16 new brushes for the GIMP Owen 31 Oct 22:45
    16 new brushes for the GIMP Tor Lillqvist 31 Oct 23:21
    16 new brushes for the GIMP Sven Neumann 01 Nov 00:57
Branko Collin
2003-10-31 11:23:43 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On 31 Oct 2003, at 2:59, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

toad_walker2000@yahoo.com writes on gimpwin-users:

[...] I just wanted to let everyone know that I've created another 16 custom brushes for GIMP (in addition to the initial 16 I offered a few days ago). I would like to create about 10-15 per day but I'm running out of "copyright- free" photo resources. I've already been to gimp-savvy. Does anyone know of other resources where copyright-free or GPL'd photo's can be found?.

Try the sites listed at

Sven Neumann
2003-10-31 17:26:46 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Tor Lillqvist writes:

[...] If you are involved in the GIMP v1.3/2.0 project (ie; the new GIMP), please feel free to include my custom brushes (or any of my other offerings) with your work (they are GPL'd).

http://www.tuxfiles.com/yourgimp/brushes/tuxfiles_brushes/

I would appreciate if someone could evaluate the quality of these brushes and report back here. We could need a better set of default brushes.

Sven

Owen
2003-10-31 22:45:54 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On 31 Oct 2003 17:26:46 +0100
Sven Neumann wrote:

[...] If you are involved in the GIMP v1.3/2.0 project (ie; the new GIMP), please feel free to include my custom brushes (or any of my other offerings) with your work (they are GPL'd).

http://www.tuxfiles.com/yourgimp/brushes/tuxfiles_brushes/

I would appreciate if someone could evaluate the quality of these brushes and report back here. We could need a better set of default brushes.

I would call them a "Boutique" collection of brushes and not really a default set.

They all appear to be called "Pasted Layer". It appears that when you modify the name of a .gbr file, the name has to be exactly the same number of characters as the original name ("Pasted Layer" ie 12) otherwise you get a "file has been truncated error"

Anyway, most of them are pretty good.

Owen

Tor Lillqvist
2003-10-31 23:21:48 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Owen writes:
> Anyway, most of them are pretty good.

but for this kind of images, image pipes (.gih brushes) would be even better. (each image pipe brush containig a set of related images, for instance diffferent kinds of fruit, different size and colour leaves, etc.) toad_walker said he would try creating such brushes too.

--tml

Sven Neumann
2003-11-01 00:57:02 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Owen writes:

I would call them a "Boutique" collection of brushes and not really a default set.

The question was whether these brushes would be a useful addition to the default set. Brush categories will have to wait till 2.2 probably; see http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=119874

They all appear to be called "Pasted Layer". It appears that when you modify the name of a .gbr file, the name has to be exactly the same number of characters as the original name ("Pasted Layer" ie 12) otherwise you get a "file has been truncated error"

The binary brush format is not supposed to be edited manually. To change a brush's name, open the brush file in GIMP, edit the layer name and save it again.

Sven