RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 1.3.21 is on slashdot

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 1.3.21 is on slashdot Joao S. O. Bueno 07 Oct 16:15
  Gimp 1.3.21 is on slashdot Sven Neumann 07 Oct 19:01
   Gimp 1.3.21 is on slashdot Manish Singh 07 Oct 19:06
  Gimp 1.3.21 is on slashdot Raphaël Quinet 07 Oct 19:06
Gimp 1.3.21 is on slashdot Carol Spears 07 Oct 20:00
Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-10-07 16:15:40 UTC (over 20 years ago)

That means that over the next hours, tens of thousands of people will point there browsers to www.gimp.org. Some people in the foruns, including me, have provided links to mmmaybe.gimp.org. However, the latest release on mmmaybe is 1.3.17. Could 1.3.21 be announced there in the next minutes?

Also, it would be fine if someone could get a 1.3.21 Windows build soon.

Regards,

JS ->
PS. I am not a subscriber to gimp-web .

Sven Neumann
2003-10-07 19:01:32 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

That means that over the next hours, tens of thousands of people will point there browsers to www.gimp.org. Some people in the foruns, including me, have provided links to mmmaybe.gimp.org. However, the latest release on mmmaybe is 1.3.17. Could 1.3.21 be announced there in the next minutes?

The 1.3.21 announce has been submitted yesterday already. It seems the news engine is broken which keeps it from showing up. Now who can fix this?

Sven

Manish Singh
2003-10-07 19:06:21 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 07:01:32PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

The 1.3.21 announce has been submitted yesterday already. It seems the news engine is broken which keeps it from showing up. Now who can fix this?

Fixed now. Unfortunately, the current situation requires news updates to be regenned by hand.

-Yosh

Raphaël Quinet
2003-10-07 19:06:23 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 11:15:40 -0300, "Joao S. O. Bueno" wrote:

Unfortunately, this is difficult to do before the move. That's why I wanted the web site to move as soon as possible, so that I can play directly with the files (using my account on the new box, once it is set up) and replace the temporary news that have been put on mmmaybe as a test by the "real" news that have been posted over the years on news.gimp.org and more recently on www.gimp.org.

Adding a single news item for 1.3.21 would be a quick hack, but would not solve the problem of migrating the news archive to the new site. I prepared some of the work by extracting all individual news items that have been posted on the old web site out of its private CVS repository, but now I need the web site to be moved before I can import all these articles with correct dates and authors into the new system.

In summary, this premature announcement on Slashdot coupled with the delayed move of the web site is just causing a big mess. :-(

-Raphaël

Carol Spears
2003-10-07 20:00:36 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Raphaël Quinet wrote:

Adding a single news item for 1.3.21 would be a quick hack, but would not solve the problem of migrating the news archive to the new site. I prepared some of the work by extracting all individual news items that have been posted on the old web site out of its private CVS repository, but now I need the web site to be moved before I can import all these articles with correct dates and authors into the new system.

Put back the web site that was right and worked.

I am considering the options. This mmmaybe web site is not a gimp dot org anymore as far as I am concerned.

Put the old site back. no more hacks
no more quick hacks
put the old site back

carol