RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

winsnap plugin build problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

winsnap plugin build problems Michael Schumacher 16 Aug 22:51
  winsnap plugin build problems Sven Neumann 16 Aug 23:02
  winsnap plugin build problems Tor Lillqvist 16 Aug 23:57
Michael Schumacher
2003-08-16 22:51:25 UTC (over 20 years ago)

When compiling current cvs on win32, I get:

../../build/win32/compile-resource winsnap.rc winsnap-win32res.o /bin/sh: ../../build/win32/compile-resource: No such file or directory make[1]: *** [winsnap-win32res.o] Error 127 make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/usr/compile/gimp/plug-ins/winsnap' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

windres -i winsnap.rc -o winsnap-win32res.o

seems to do the same as the missing command - is there any reason what this command isn't called directly by the Makefile?

Michael

Sven Neumann
2003-08-16 23:02:39 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 22:51, Michael Schumacher wrote:

When compiling current cvs on win32, I get:

../../build/win32/compile-resource winsnap.rc winsnap-win32res.o /bin/sh: ../../build/win32/compile-resource: No such file or directory make[1]: *** [winsnap-win32res.o] Error 127 make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/usr/compile/gimp/plug-ins/winsnap' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

windres -i winsnap.rc -o winsnap-win32res.o

seems to do the same as the missing command - is there any reason what this command isn't called directly by the Makefile?

I don't have much clue about the win32 build but it looks as if you need to cvs update in the virtual "build" module in the toplevel directory in order to get win32/compile-resource.

Sven

Tor Lillqvist
2003-08-16 23:57:15 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Michael Schumacher writes:
> When compiling current cvs on win32, I get: > ../../build/win32/compile-resource winsnap.rc winsnap-win32res.o > /bin/sh: ../../build/win32/compile-resource: No such file or directory

../../build/win32/compile-resource probably *is* there, but what causes that message is that it's a bash script (starts with #!/bin/bash), and you are presumably using MSYS, which doesn't have /bin/bash? (It could well be made into a /bin/sh script instead, it doesn't contain any bashisms AFAIK.)

> windres -i winsnap.rc -o winsnap-win32res.o

> seems to do the same as the missing command - is there any reason what this > command isn't called directly by the Makefile?

Umm, no reason. The compile-resource script's sole purpose is to keep a "build number" for a DLL, bumping it for each build, and expand the identifier "BUILDNUMBER" in the .rc file to the current build number. The winsnap.rc doesn't have any meaningful version info in its version resource anyway.

(The compile-resource and lt-compile-resource scripts are awful hack, and it says so in the comments in them. I would like to get rid of them, but haven't come up myself with any better way to automatically update build numbers in version resources of DLLs, nor have I received any suggestions...)

--tml