RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Portable XFC

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Portable XFC Nathan Carl Summers 14 Aug 17:25
Nathan Carl Summers
2003-08-14 17:25:24 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Portable XFC

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

At 1:47 PM +0200 8/14/03, Sven Neumann wrote:

I'd like to mention that none of the proposed formats except the XML approach would be capable of supporting the stuff we want to add to GIMP with GEGL.

Well, that pretty much settles that discussion...

Not really, since that reasoning is based on an untruth. And even if it wasn't, it's a logical fallocy to assume that because no graph-capible proposal was made, that XML was the only possible way of representing a graph in a file format.

According the library that reads and writes the new format, GEGL should provide this functionality.

Requiring an application to incorporate all of GEGL in order to read/write an XCF file is, in my opinion, a recipe for it not getting used by other applications. (and I say this as one of those other application developers).

That is why I suggest both a lightweight library and gegl routines for it. Actually, gegl can use the lightweight library for the loading.

Rockwalrus