RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Compiling 1.3 or CVS

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Compiling 1.3 or CVS Olle Viksten 12 Aug 16:06
  Compiling 1.3 or CVS Sven Neumann 17 Aug 13:02
Compiling 1.3 or CVS Olle Viksten 13 Aug 17:47
Olle Viksten
2003-08-12 16:06:02 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Compiling 1.3 or CVS

I've been trying now for three days to get 1.3 to work. When I compile the latest source it seems to work fine. But when I run the gimp-1.3 it just exits with the message:

The program 'gimp-1.3' received an X Window System error. This probably reflects a bug in the program. The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length erro'.
(Details: serial 46 error_code 16 request_code 154 minor_code 20) (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously; that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it. To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

With a lot of tweeking I managed to compile the CVS version and got the same result.

Can anybody help?

Olle

Olle Viksten
2003-08-13 17:47:03 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Compiling 1.3 or CVS

I've been trying now for three days to get 1.3 to work. When I compile the latest source it seems to work fine. But when I run the gimp-1.3 it just exits with the message:

The program 'gimp-1.3' received an X Window System error. This probably reflects a bug in the program. The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length erro'.
(Details: serial 46 error_code 16 request_code 154 minor_code 20) (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously; that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it. To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

With a lot of tweeking I managed to compile the CVS version and got the same result.

Can anybody help?

Olle

Sven Neumann
2003-08-17 13:02:01 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Compiling 1.3 or CVS

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 16:06, Olle Viksten wrote:

This is unlikely a GIMP problem. It looks like either your GTK+ or X11 installation is screwed up or your X-server is buggy. Perhaps your GTK+ or X11 headers don't match the libraries that are used to link The GIMP.

Sven