RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fwd: Re: Grain modes are just the beginning - was McFarland's Re: Startup Notification support...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fwd: Re: Grain modes are just the beginning - was McFarland's Re: Startup Notification support... Joao S. O. Bueno 29 Jul 17:05
Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-07-29 17:05:42 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Fwd: Re: Grain modes are just the beginning - was McFarland's Re: Startup Notification support...

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 5:38 am, you wrote:

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

For example, this is the line in current gimp code that does the "merge mode" :

sum = src1[b] + src2[b] - 128;

It will be doable by typing: ED = E1 + E2 -0.5;

I don't want to discourage you and it's certainly a nice expert/geek feature but I doubt that the casual GIMP user wants to type in any formulas.

I know that. Thats why in the future, I want to make them loadable resources just like brushes and patterns. This way, less oftenly used layer modes could go packaged with the GIMP - or be put in a resources page - without cluttering the UI.

And even those who will not like typing formulas may fell tempted to tweak a little the numbers - like the .5 to .7 above.

Unfortunattely I cannot think, as I've said, of a graphical way to build such formulas. But...when it's time for it, maybe people here ont he list can give e some subjetions, and the raw formula writting canget put behind an "advanced" button.

Sven

JS
->

-------------------------------------------------------