RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Giving a try to gimp-perl

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Giving a try to gimp-perl David Gómez 26 Jul 01:53
  Giving a try to gimp-perl Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 31 Jul 12:17
David Gómez
2003-07-26 01:53:30 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi all ;),

I know gimp-perl is still unstable, anyway i tried to compile it myself and test it with the bbgallery script. It's not a very complex script, just loads the jpeg images, rescales them to create the thumbnails, and save them. After that uses the HTML perl module to create a html gallery.

I'm using gimp 1.3.16 and gimp-perl from cvs, and i got some errors after running it, mainly in the Net.pm module. I post the output of the script, maybe it will be of some help for people currently working in gimp-perl:

Warning: Unknown token 'vlink' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'bgcolor1' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'alink' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'bgcolor' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'thumb_only' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'text' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'link' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'text1' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'text2' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery Warning: Unknown token 'bgcolor2' in config file: /home/huma/.bbgallery gimp_scale.pl: protocol error (1) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Gimp/Net.pm line 67. (ERROR) protocol error (1) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Gimp/Net.pm line 67. gimp_scale.pl: protocol error (1) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Gimp/Net.pm line 67. (ERROR) protocol error (1) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Gimp/Net.pm line 67. Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/HTML/Entities.pm line 399. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/bbgallery line 222.

And thanks for all the great work with gimp 1.3 ;)), even unstable, is a lot better that gimp 1.2 ;)

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2003-07-31 12:17:55 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 01:53:30AM +0200, David Gómez wrote:

I'm using gimp 1.3.16 and gimp-perl from cvs, and i got some errors after running it, mainly in the Net.pm module. I post the output of the script,

Most probably there is a problem starting the gimp. Try to run your script with -v to see the gimp's screen output, it will most probably tell you the rpoblem (such as missing DISPLAY, or problems with starting the perl-server).