RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Two problems in python-fu for gimp 1.3.15

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Two problems in python-fu for gimp 1.3.15 <gimp-devel@michael.mailshell.com> 21 Jun 08:11
  Two problems in python-fu for gimp 1.3.15 Hans Breuer 23 Jun 22:40
<gimp-devel@michael.mailshell.com>
2003-06-21 08:11:16 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

1. In plugins like whirlpinch.py we have: (PF_SLIDER, "whirl", "Whirl angle", 90, (-360, 360, 1)),

I would assume the second item is the "display" version and is what should show up in the UI, however "whirl" is what is displayed in the dialog box.

2. This crashes gimp; In the python console type: img = pdb.file_jpeg_load("/tmp/file.jpg", "/tmp/file.jpg") draw = pdb.gimp_image_active_drawable(img) pdb.script_fu_coffee_stain(img, draw, 3, 0)

Calling any script-fu script from python causes a crash. Off topic: What's the reason we have to pass the filename twice for load and save operations?

Let me know if I should file bugs on these.

Sincerely, Michael Bushey

Hans Breuer
2003-06-23 22:40:27 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

At 23:11 20.06.03 -0700, gimp-devel@michael.mailshell.com wrote:

1. In plugins like whirlpinch.py we have: (PF_SLIDER, "whirl", "Whirl angle", 90, (-360, 360, 1)),

I would assume the second item is the "display" version and is what should

show up in the UI, however "whirl" is what is displayed in the dialog box.

NOTABUG : the first is used as label, the second shows up in the tooltip

2. This crashes gimp; In the python console type: img = pdb.file_jpeg_load("/tmp/file.jpg", "/tmp/file.jpg") draw = pdb.gimp_image_active_drawable(img) pdb.script_fu_coffee_stain(img, draw, 3, 0)

Partly confirmed. Though for me it does not crash Gimp nor Python but Script-fu ...
My first guess that this crash is related to the recent change of the menaing of TEMPORARY procedure appears to be wron. It crashes with gimp 1.3 before that, but work in the 1.2.x version.

Calling any script-fu script from python causes a crash. Off topic: What's the reason we have to pass the filename twice for load and save operations?

Let me know if I should file bugs on these.

Please do for the second issue.

Thanks, Hans

-------- Hans "at" Breuer "dot" Org ----------- Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it. -- Dilbert