RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Menus in image window

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Menus in image window David Neary 19 Jun 16:41
  Menus in image window David Neary 19 Jun 17:17
yahr85qyugp.fsf@pc-043.diku.dk 07 Oct 20:21
  Menus in image window David Neary 19 Jun 17:48
David Neary
2003-06-19 16:41:14 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Menus in image window

A few people I have talked to expressed a wish to have the menus on to of image windows on by default. It is certainly a much more intuitive way to get at the context menus than the right mouse button, and newer gimp users seem to find it very helpful.

Thus, I would like to propose having them on by default, and turnoffable by expert users.

There is even an argument for having them always-on, and turning off that option. The option is always available not to use them, after all :)

Consider this a request for comments. It's a tiny thing - I just want to see if there are any objections.

Cheers, Dave.

David Neary
2003-06-19 17:17:05 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Menus in image window

David Neary wrote:

Thus, I would like to propose having them on by default, and turnoffable by expert users.

Consider this a request for comments. It's a tiny thing - I just want to see if there are any objections.

To see just how tiny, there's a patch attached :)

Cheers, Dave.

David Neary
2003-06-19 17:48:24 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Menus in image window

Henning Makholm wrote:

Scripsit David Neary

There is even an argument for having them always-on, and turning off that option. The option is always available not to use them, after all :)

That would be really bad. When doing graphics work (and every other kind of computing, IMHO), screen real estate is a precious resource, in particular *vertical* real estate, as that is the direction in which most monitors are smallest. My monitor can show me 1024 rows of pixels at a time; I'd deeply resent a program that insisted on wasting any of them on a menu bar.

Fair enough. As an option it is, then. Any opposition to having the option on by default?

Cheers, Dave.