RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

What happened to the "deceased" features?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

What happened to the "deceased" features? Joao S. O. Bueno 03 Jun 20:41
  What happened to the "deceased" features? Sven Neumann 03 Jun 20:52
Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-06-03 20:41:27 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

I am taking a deeper look at the GIMP manual (even when you are messing with the source itself, the GIMP is so full of surprises, they neve stop showing up)

And I noted some features on that manual (which is mostly from GIMP 1.0 times, I believe) that are missing on the current program. Such features are marked with an (X) inside a triangle in the manual.

What is of them? Where they ever implemented? Have they been removed from 1.2?

Examples are the newsprint artistic filter, and a whole "transform" menu for layers.

Thank you again,

JS ->

Sven Neumann
2003-06-03 20:52:56 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno" writes:

I am taking a deeper look at the GIMP manual (even when you are messing with the source itself, the GIMP is so full of surprises, they neve stop showing up)

And I noted some features on that manual (which is mostly from GIMP 1.0 times, I believe) that are missing on the current program. Such features are marked with an (X) inside a triangle in the manual.

What is of them? Where they ever implemented? Have they been removed from 1.2?

I don't think we removed any 1.0 features in 1.2. At least I can't remember that we'd have done so.

Examples are the newsprint artistic filter, and a whole "transform" menu for layers.

Both of your examples are available in 1.2 and 1.3.

Sven