RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp_layer_set_visible() doesn't update Layers dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp_layer_set_visible() doesn't update Layers dialog Michael J. Hammel 22 May 06:01
Michael J. Hammel
2003-05-22 06:01:30 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

gimp_layer_set_visible() doesn't update Layers dialog

I tried using gimp_layer_set_visible() tonight for the first time. It sort of works, but not as expected. After calling this I call gimp_displays_flush() (which ought to only update the Canvas window). However, the Canvas is not updated and neither is the Layers dialog.

If I switch to another open image, then back to the original, the Layers dialog shows the layers are visible, but the canvas window is still not updated.

Did I miss something with this function? After setting the visibility, is there something else that needs to be done to force the Canvas update and to update the Layers dialog?

I noticed that gimp_layer_set_linked() has a similar issue with the Layers dialog not being updated.

BTW, I checked bugzilla and didn't see anything about this. It may just be I'm not using these correctly, so I don't want to call it a bug yet. I also tried this with 1.2.3. I haven't grabbed 1.2.4 yet but hope to do so later this week.