RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Gjcarrette@aol.com: Re: SIOD licencing]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[Gjcarrette@aol.com: Re: SIOD licencing] David Neary 16 May 21:49
David Neary
2003-05-16 21:49:30 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

[Gjcarrette@aol.com: Re: SIOD licencing]

Hi all,

Here's the latest mail I have gotten with reference to the licencing of SIOD. If there is someone who is able to address his technical questions, they're a better man than I am.

As a matter of interest, would linking against a siod.so take a lot of work given where we're starting from?

Cheers, Dave.

----- Forwarded message from Gjcarrette@aol.com -----

From: Gjcarrette@aol.com Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 07:10:12 EDT
Subject: Re: SIOD licencing
To: dneary@free.fr
X-Mailer: 8.0 for Windows sub 6011

I'll combine the technical and licensing issues together in this message about "what I would like to do."

(1) upload SIOD to sourceforge.net (2) put it under LGPL
(3) package RPM's etc, building gnu autoconfig, especially libconfig (4) see how packages like GIMP could make use of shared library libsiod.so

As far as how SIOD is packaged inside GIMP now, I did observe that GIMP has a "help/about" kind of box, that has some authorship information, but failed to mention my contribution of SIOD to script fu.

I think that once I do step (1) and (2) that GIMP would pretty much be covered.

I am interested in what technical and practical reasons led the GIMP authors to repackage SIOD into different source files. Maybe there were some hooks they needed as well as purely cosmetic reasons.

----- End forwarded message -----