RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp 1.3.13 python plugins play hide-and-seek

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp 1.3.13 python plugins play hide-and-seek <gimp-devel@michael.mailshell.com> 30 Mar 21:33
  gimp 1.3.13 python plugins play hide-and-seek Sven Neumann 30 Mar 22:22
  gimp 1.3.13 python plugins play hide-and-seek Simon Budig 30 Mar 23:02
<gimp-devel@michael.mailshell.com>
2003-03-30 21:33:22 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Problem #1:
This has happened to me under both Mandrake 9.0/cooker and a fresh install of Mandrake 9.1/cooker. I install from gimp-1.3.13.tar.bz2 with ./configure --enable-python

$ which python /usr/bin/python
$ python -V
Python 2.2.2

After the make install I run gimp-1.3 and I have about 3 or 4 python plugins. I reboot the machine and now I have one python plugin, Misc -> sphere. Whirlpinch, foggify, etc no longer like me :(

All the python plugins start with #!/usr/bin/env python

Looks ok: $ /usr/bin/env python
Python 2.2.2 (#2, Feb 5 2003, 10:40:08).......

Problem #2: Under Mkd9.1 my gimp 1.3.13 only has a handfull of image formats (BMP, FITS, FLI, Fax G3, SGI, XCF, xjt). I have libpng3, libpng3-devel, libjpeg62, libjpeg62-devel, etc installed on this machine. This worked on my previous mdk9.0 compile.

Problem #3: A large percentage of the script-fu plugins do not work, for example script-fu -> patterns -> land results in "ERROR: unbound vaiable (errobj plug-in-solid-noise)". Is this normal on gimp 1.3.13?

Sincerely, Michael

Sven Neumann
2003-03-30 22:22:03 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,

writes:

Problem #3: A large percentage of the script-fu plugins do not work, for example script-fu -> patterns -> land results in "ERROR: unbound vaiable (errobj plug-in-solid-noise)". Is this normal on gimp 1.3.13?

That script works for me. All scripts are supposed to work. 1.3.13 has some issues with font selection (that have been solved in CVS), but basically all scripts should work.

Salut, Sven

Simon Budig
2003-03-30 23:02:29 UTC (about 21 years ago)

gimp-devel@michael.mailshell.com (gimp-devel@michael.mailshell.com) wrote:

Problem #1:
This has happened to me under both Mandrake 9.0/cooker and a fresh install of Mandrake 9.1/cooker. I install from gimp-1.3.13.tar.bz2 with ./configure --enable-python

$ which python /usr/bin/python
$ python -V
Python 2.2.2

After the make install I run gimp-1.3 and I have about 3 or 4 python plugins. I reboot the machine and now I have one python plugin, Misc -> sphere. Whirlpinch, foggify, etc no longer like me :(

All the python plugins start with #!/usr/bin/env python

Looks ok: $ /usr/bin/env python
Python 2.2.2 (#2, Feb 5 2003, 10:40:08).......

Problem #2: Under Mkd9.1 my gimp 1.3.13 only has a handfull of image formats (BMP, FITS, FLI, Fax G3, SGI, XCF, xjt). I have libpng3, libpng3-devel, libjpeg62, libjpeg62-devel, etc installed on this machine. This worked on my previous mdk9.0 compile.

I think you have a problem with your installation. Basically all these errors boil down to "a lot of my plugins are missing". You should check if the paths to the plugins in the preferences are correct and/or delete your .gimp-1.3 - directory. Is it possible that you had multiple versions of the Gimp installed in different prefixes?

Bye, Simon