RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mask option to Gimp also easy plugins to Gimp1,2.x/1.3.x and cinepaint?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

Tuukka Pasanen
2003-03-25 18:17:33 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Mask option to Gimp also easy plugins to Gimp 1,2.x/1.3.x and cinepaint?

hi,
I haven't been playing with Photoshop for looong time. But last week i did and found nice feature called Mask(ing?) (or what was it) where you could erase (there we Red overlay) area that you wanted to be selected by select tool (or if you deleted too much you could add that red back). Is there plans to add similar option in Gimp 1.4 (or is that allready there in 1.3)?? This would be wery neat option..

Secondary i've been playing around idea (and makeup workin C code) to have library with you can make easyly plugins to Gimp 1.2.x and 1.3.x (1.4.x) and cinepaint only change some switch in configure not code (i know you can #IFDEF allways but i'm lazy one)

as i said i have libs 'working' (some simple plugins compiles and work on Gimp 1.2.3/1.3.12/cinepaint 0.16) but i need some people who are interested in to devel library to other platforms (Windows, macOSX, FreeBSD...) there should be any problems because libs rely on GTK and GIMP.

Tuukka

ps. if masking isn't there i can volunteer to do it. pss. contact me if you are interested in library develoment

--- --> Niin kuka sanoi etta se toimii?

Simon Budig
2003-03-25 18:33:24 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Tuukka Pasanen (illuusio@lycos.com) wrote:

I haven't been playing with Photoshop for looong time. But last week i did and found nice feature called Mask(ing?) (or what was it) where you could erase (there we Red overlay) area that you wanted to be selected by select tool (or if you deleted too much you could add that red back). Is there plans to add similar option in Gimp 1.4 (or is that allready there in 1.3)?? This would be wery neat option..

This is already there in the GIMP 1.2.x and 1.3.x. It is called "Quickmask" and the easiest way to use it is to toggle the little button in the lower left of the image window.

Bye, Simon

Jakub Steiner
2003-03-25 18:34:12 UTC (about 21 years ago)

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 18:17, Tuukka Pasanen wrote:

hi,

What you describe here sounds like a quickmask. It is available in 1.2+.

cheers

Tuukka Pasanen
2003-03-25 20:38:49 UTC (about 21 years ago)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:33:24
Simon Budig wrote:

Tuukka Pasanen (illuusio@lycos.com) wrote:

This is already there in the GIMP 1.2.x and 1.3.x. It is called "Quickmask" and the easiest way to use it is to toggle the little button in the lower left of the image window.

Bye, Simon

Ok this it.. Wonderfull i have been using gimp ages:) but what you don't know you can't demand..

Tuukka

ps. is there something else what needs to be done in Gimp (i know there's TODO) but how can i get involved really.. just choose something and start hacking??

Sven Neumann
2003-03-25 21:56:07 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,

"Tuukka Pasanen" writes:

ps. is there something else what needs to be done in Gimp (i know there's TODO) but how can i get involved really.. just choose something and start hacking??

forget about TODO, it is outdated and sortof unmaintained. Open tasks are in Bugzilla. But please note that we are approching feature freeze, so all we need at the moment is bug-fixes.

Salut, Sven