RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP 1.3 Feature Question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP 1.3 Feature Question Ben Rockwood 21 Feb 09:27
  GIMP 1.3 Feature Question Sven Neumann 21 Feb 12:42
   GIMP 1.3 Feature Question Branko Collin 21 Feb 21:10
Ben Rockwood
2003-02-21 09:27:36 UTC (about 21 years ago)

I think I'm sounding like an old record, I'm sorry to nag, however I'm curious: is there any possibility that a shaped cursor (to brush size/shape) will be added pre-1.4?
Sorry to bring this up again. I played with the code awhile back, but I don't posses the skill to add this feature. benr.

Sven Neumann
2003-02-21 12:42:45 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,

"Ben Rockwood" writes:

I think I'm sounding like an old record, I'm sorry to nag, however I'm curious: is there any possibility that a shaped cursor (to brush size/shape) will be added pre-1.4? Sorry to bring this up again. I played with the code awhile back, but I don't posses the skill to add this feature.

it is unlikely that this will happen before the next release since noone started to hack on it yet and we are sortof feature-frozen already. Unless someone comes up with a clean patch very soon now, this will have to wait until the next development cycle.

Salut, Sven

Branko Collin
2003-02-21 21:10:22 UTC (about 21 years ago)

On 21 Feb 2003, at 12:42, Sven Neumann wrote:

"Ben Rockwood" writes:

I think I'm sounding like an old record, I'm sorry to nag, however I'm curious: is there any possibility that a shaped cursor (to brush size/shape) will be added pre-1.4? Sorry to bring this up again. I played with the code awhile back, but I don't posses the skill to add this feature.

it is unlikely that this will happen before the next release since noone started to hack on it yet and we are sortof feature-frozen already. Unless someone comes up with a clean patch very soon now, this will have to wait until the next development cycle.

Is there any incentive I can offer a developer on this list to work on this? I suspect a shaped cursor (or at least a bounding box cursor) is one of those features you don't want to go back on once you have worked with one.