RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

[Fwd: building 1.3 - libart .pc not found]

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

[Fwd: building 1.3 - libart .pc not found] Michael J. Hammel 20 Feb 17:08
  [Fwd: building 1.3 - libart .pc not found] Sven Neumann 20 Feb 17:17
   [Fwd: building 1.3 - libart .pc not found] Michael J. Hammel 20 Feb 18:13
Michael J. Hammel
2003-02-20 17:08:12 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Dopey me - I sent this to the wrong list the other day. *sigh* I need a vacation.

-----Forwarded Message----- I'm trying to become familiar with the build process and prerequisites for 1.3. I've got gtk2.0 and family installed. I tried to run configure for 1.3 but found I needed libart. So I installed that from ArtofCode (v2.3.3). But there isn't any libart-2.0.pc file in the distribution nor in the install directories after installation. Here is what the gimp 1.3 configure says:

checking for libart-2.0... Package libart-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libart-2.0.pc'

Are .pc files related to internationalization? I've not worked with them directly before.

Aside from the file not existing before or after the libart build, pkg-config doesn't pick up the libart installation even though it's in the same directories that the gtk2.0 stuff was installed (/usr/local/gtk2.0). Is there something special I need to do for pkg-config so it finds the libart stuff?

Sven Neumann
2003-02-20 17:17:27 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,

"Michael J. Hammel" writes:

Dopey me - I sent this to the wrong list the other day. *sigh* I need a vacation.

and I remember to have sent you a reply to that list already. You are using the wrong version of libart. You should use libart_lgpl as noted in the file INSTALL.

Salut, Sven

Michael J. Hammel
2003-02-20 18:13:52 UTC (about 21 years ago)

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 10:17, Sven Neumann wrote:

and I remember to have sent you a reply to that list already. You are using the wrong version of libart. You should use libart_lgpl as noted in the file INSTALL.

Hmmm. I thought I had the right version - I grabbed libart_lgpl-2.3.3 from ArtofCode. I guess the one on the GNOME site is different. I'll grab that one and give it a try. Thanks Sven.