RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

interaction gimp <-> plug-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

interaction gimp <-> plug-in Kai-Uwe Behrmann 20 Feb 11:34
  interaction gimp <-> plug-in Sven Neumann 20 Feb 13:07
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
2003-02-20 11:34:46 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,
I want add an feature to imagemap.
I have in the plug-in an shape ( circle, rectangle, poly ) and want this as an selection in gimp in the belonging image. This selection can then be beveled or lighten as hotspotimage for the html-map tag. Can somebody show me, how to tell gimp: make the selection select_rec(a,b,c,d) ?

Is there an interface, to talk from an plug-in back to gimp, other than finishing the plug-in? Sorry I did'nt found such example in the doc.

thanks Kai-Uwe

Sven Neumann
2003-02-20 13:07:37 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,

Kai-Uwe Behrmann writes:

Is there an interface, to talk from an plug-in back to gimp, other than finishing the plug-in? Sorry I did'nt found such example in the doc.

are you kidding? Plug-ins have the full range of possibilities provided by the PDB. That is more than 300 functions and almost all of them are wrapped by libgimp for easier access from plug-ins written in C. To get a list of these functions, just open the DB Browser from the Xtns menu or point your web-browser to http://developer.gimp.org/api/1.3/.

Salut, Sven