RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

startup tips need review

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

startup tips need review Sven Neumann 09 Feb 11:54
  startup tips need review Carol Spears 10 Feb 07:22
Sven Neumann
2003-02-09 11:54:57 UTC (about 21 years ago)

startup tips need review

Hi,

I think it is about time to think about updating the Tip of the Day messages for GIMP 1.3. A few of them are incorrect and probably the new user interface makes some new hints necessary. The tips are organized in an XML file which is found in the tips directory. If you start editing it, make sure you edit the file gimp-tips.xml.in. The file gimp-tips.xml also contains translations and is created from that source.

So if someone wants to take the job of reviewing the tips, please speak up here.

Salut, Sven

Carol Spears
2003-02-10 07:22:05 UTC (about 21 years ago)

startup tips need review

On 2003-02-09 at 1154.57 +0100, Sven Neumann typed this:

Hi,

I think it is about time to think about updating the Tip of the Day messages for GIMP 1.3. A few of them are incorrect and probably the new user interface makes some new hints necessary. The tips are organized in an XML file which is found in the tips directory. If you start editing it, make sure you edit the file gimp-tips.xml.in. The file gimp-tips.xml also contains translations and is created from that source.

So if someone wants to take the job of reviewing the tips, please speak up here.

i will be happy to collect the suggestions and submit them after it quiets down.

carol