RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Some GIMP stuff I'm prototyping

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Some GIMP stuff I'm prototyping Robert L Krawitz 09 Feb 04:00
  Some GIMP stuff I'm prototyping Sven Neumann 09 Feb 11:36
Robert L Krawitz
2003-02-09 04:00:47 UTC (about 21 years ago)

I'm hacking some stuff in the GIMP plugin (er...UI library) that will allow people to do all kinds of fancy curve editing and other tweaking. This isn't going to be usable through the CUPS interface for the time being, but when I have something working I'd like to try to get it into the hands of the Macintosh community. There seem to be some really serious printer jocks out there, and the current stuff just doesn't cut it for them. This stuff will, I think, at least for the most adventurous folks. The idea of getting it out there is to get comments; this is really very early alpha code. Some of the stuff will only work with the Epson driver, just because that's the one I know the best and I know what hooks I can put into it (e. g. there's going to be a way to select the dot size for the people who *really* want to live on the edge -- a number of people are complaining that on some papers they can't get enough density).

I know that the GIMP has been compiled for OS X; I don't know how functional it is. Tyler, can you look into what would be required to build a package with the GIMP and the mainline plugin for this?

Sven Neumann
2003-02-09 11:36:06 UTC (about 21 years ago)

Hi,

Robert L Krawitz writes:

I know that the GIMP has been compiled for OS X; I don't know how functional it is. Tyler, can you look into what would be required to build a package with the GIMP and the mainline plugin for this?

afaik, GIMP is being handled by fink for quite some time now. Since there's a well-integrated X11 server available for Mac OS X now, it should be fully functional. There's a problem with shared memory however:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=102058

Salut, Sven