RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

XCF file format

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

XCF file format Jean-Yves Lamoureux 03 Feb 17:50
  XCF file format Sven Neumann 03 Feb 18:01
   XCF file format Jean-Yves Lamoureux 03 Feb 18:17
XCF file format Marco Wessel 03 Feb 18:29
Jean-Yves Lamoureux
2003-02-03 17:50:52 UTC (about 21 years ago)

XCF file format

Hi,
After googling and watching the ML archives, I was looking for a documentation of the XCF file format. I begun an XCF loader (for a later use in mplayer), but I lack clear docs, as source code is a bit rusty to read like that :) So if someone has this ...

Thanks a lot

Sven Neumann
2003-02-03 18:01:21 UTC (about 21 years ago)

XCF file format

Hi,

Jean-Yves Lamoureux writes:

After googling and watching the ML archives, I was looking for a documentation of the XCF file format.

You might have already read the earlier discussions about this subject then.

I begun an XCF loader (for a later use in mplayer), but I lack clear docs, as source code is a bit rusty to read like that :)

Why would a movie player like mplayer want to use a file format which is considered to be used-by-The-GIMP-only?

Salut, Sven

Jean-Yves Lamoureux
2003-02-03 18:17:48 UTC (about 21 years ago)

XCF file format

Sven Neumann wrote:

You might have already read the earlier discussions about this subject then.

By hand, search engine is broken

I begun an XCF loader (for a later use in mplayer), but I lack clear docs, as source code is a bit rusty to read like that :)

Why would a movie player like mplayer want to use a file format which is considered to be used-by-The-GIMP-only?

easily converting a xcf "animation" file to anything readable by mplayer (using mencoder).
And apart from that, writing a sort of libxcf , for my personnal and anyone_who_want use.

Marco Wessel
2003-02-03 18:29:04 UTC (about 21 years ago)

XCF file format

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Tino Schwarze wrote:

There is no such thing as an xcf animation file... If you're talking about that animation support involving multiple files, you can simply batch convert them to PNG using // and then probably encode them to anything you want.

I think he might mean multi-layered XCF files. Like how we represent multi-frame GIFs.