RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Errors compiling gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Errors compiling gimp Rahul Rekapalli 03 Dec 03:24
  Errors compiling gimp Sven Neumann 03 Dec 11:15
   Errors compiling gimp Rahul Rekapalli 04 Dec 04:32
    Errors compiling gimp Malcolm Tredinnick 04 Dec 04:39
     Errors compiling gimp Malcolm Tredinnick 04 Dec 05:02
      Errors compiling gimp Sven Neumann 04 Dec 13:21
       Errors compiling gimp Steinar H. Gunderson 04 Dec 13:23
        Errors compiling gimp Sven Neumann 04 Dec 14:29
Rahul Rekapalli
2002-12-03 03:24:17 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Errors compiling gimp

Hi,
I downloaded gimp from cvs and tried to compile it. I got the following errors

In file included from ../app/core/core-types.h:29, from gimpobject.c:30: ../app/core/core-enums.h:221: conflicting types for `GIMP_SHADOWS' ../app/base/base-enums.h:133: previous declaration of `GIMP_SHADOWS' ../app/core/core-enums.h:222: conflicting types for `GIMP_MIDTONES' ../app/base/base-enums.h:134: previous declaration of `GIMP_MIDTONES' ../app/core/core-enums.h:224: conflicting types for `GIMP_HIGHLIGHTS' ../app/base/base-enums.h:136: previous declaration of `GIMP_HIGHLIGHTS' ../app/core/core-enums.h:224: redefinition of `GimpTransferMode' ../app/base/base-enums.h:136: `GimpTransferMode' previously declared here
In file included from gimpobject.c:30: ../app/core/core-types.h:167: redefinition of `GimpCoreConfig' ../app/config/config-types.h:26: `GimpCoreConfig' previously declared here
make[2]: *** [gimpobject.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gimp-1.3.11/libgimpproxy' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gimp-1.3.11' make: *** [all] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.19058 (%build)

RPM build errors: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.19058 (%build)

Can anyone please tell me how I can fix it?

regards Rahul

Sven Neumann
2002-12-03 11:15:55 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Errors compiling gimp

Hi,

Rahul Rekapalli writes:

Hi,
I downloaded gimp from cvs and tried to compile it. I got the following errors

In file included from ../app/core/core-types.h:29, from gimpobject.c:30: ../app/core/core-enums.h:221: conflicting types for `GIMP_SHADOWS' ../app/base/base-enums.h:133: previous declaration of `GIMP_SHADOWS' ../app/core/core-enums.h:222: conflicting types for `GIMP_MIDTONES' ../app/base/base-enums.h:134: previous declaration of `GIMP_MIDTONES' ../app/core/core-enums.h:224: conflicting types for `GIMP_HIGHLIGHTS' ../app/base/base-enums.h:136: previous declaration of `GIMP_HIGHLIGHTS' ../app/core/core-enums.h:224: redefinition of `GimpTransferMode' ../app/base/base-enums.h:136: `GimpTransferMode' previously declared here
In file included from gimpobject.c:30: ../app/core/core-types.h:167: redefinition of `GimpCoreConfig' ../app/config/config-types.h:26: `GimpCoreConfig' previously declared here

looks like the usual problem with anoncvs (what a mess!). The thing is that anoncvs.gnome.org is not a single server. Instead you will get a different one each time you do the DNS lookup. The real problem is that some of the anoncvs servers (or at least one of them) is seriously broken. The CVS checkout on your disk is thus not in sync. Some files are uptodate, others are a few weeks old. This will never compile.

A simple way to fix this problem is to hardcode a working anoncvs server in /etc/hosts. This way you can be sure that you are always talking to the same anoncvs server. 130.239.18.151 seems to be a good choice.

Salut, Sven

Rahul Rekapalli
2002-12-04 04:32:00 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Errors compiling gimp

hi, I downloaded gimp from the cvs again after Sven helped me with the previous compilation problem, and this time, after almost all the packaging was over (I used gimp.spec to build my rpms), I got the following errors towards the end of compilation.

+ strip /var/tmp/gimp-1.3.11-root//usr/bin/gimp strip: /var/tmp/gimp-1.3.11-root//usr/bin/gimp: No such file or directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.45801 (%install)
could someone tell me how I can correct this?

Regards Rahul

Malcolm Tredinnick
2002-12-04 04:39:36 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Errors compiling gimp

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:02:00AM +0530, Rahul Rekapalli wrote:

hi, I downloaded gimp from the cvs again after Sven helped me with the previous compilation problem, and this time, after almost all the packaging was over (I used gimp.spec to build my rpms), I got the following errors towards the end of compilation.

+ strip /var/tmp/gimp-1.3.11-root//usr/bin/gimp strip: /var/tmp/gimp-1.3.11-root//usr/bin/gimp: No such file or directory

I don't have a recent build around to check this, but I think you will find that the binary is now just called gimp-1.3. So go to the %files section of the spec file and edit the appropriate line.

Of course, you should check this is really what it is called by having a look at the contents of the v/ar/tmp/gimp-1.3.11-root/usr/bin/ directory. This is just due to bit rot over time as hardly anybody regularly builds development versions from the included spec file, I would guess.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Malcolm Tredinnick
2002-12-04 05:02:17 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Errors compiling gimp

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:39:36PM +1100, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:02:00AM +0530, Rahul Rekapalli wrote:

I don't have a recent build around to check this, but I think you will find that the binary is now just called gimp-1.3. So go to the %files section of the spec file and edit the appropriate line.

Err .. I didn't read the message correctly. You will need to edit the %install section and change the relevant strip command, not the %files %section. But I'm sure you get the general gist. Sorry about that.

Malcolm

Sven Neumann
2002-12-04 13:21:51 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Errors compiling gimp

Hi,

Malcolm Tredinnick writes:

Err .. I didn't read the message correctly. You will need to edit the %install section and change the relevant strip command, not the %files %section. But I'm sure you get the general gist. Sorry about that.

and when you are done fixing the spec file, please contribute your changes back. Actually I'm tempted to remove the spec file as well as the debian directory since they are unmaintained and outdated and shipping these non-functional versions won't help anyone.

Salut, Sven

Steinar H. Gunderson
2002-12-04 13:23:45 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Errors compiling gimp

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:21:51PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

and when you are done fixing the spec file, please contribute your changes back. Actually I'm tempted to remove the spec file as well as the debian directory since they are unmaintained and outdated and shipping these non-functional versions won't help anyone.

What about importing the latest debian/ directory from the latest Debian GIMP package, then take it from there?

/* Steinar */

Sven Neumann
2002-12-04 14:29:19 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Errors compiling gimp

Hi,

"Steinar H. Gunderson" writes:

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:21:51PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

What about importing the latest debian/ directory from the latest Debian GIMP package, then take it from there?

sounds like a good idea. If you care, please attach the file or a patch to bugzilla or send me that file. I don't care enough to go thru the hassle of extracting the file from the debian package.

Salut, Sven