RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

could need some help with GimpRc documentation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

could need some help with GimpRc documentation Sven Neumann 02 Dec 20:07
Sven Neumann
2002-12-02 20:07:16 UTC (over 21 years ago)

could need some help with GimpRc documentation

Hi,

we are almost done with porting the old gimprc code to the GimpConfig system that was introduced last winter. At the moment I'm working on a tool that creates a commented gimprc with default values to be used as the system-wide gimprc. Later the same tool should also help to generate the gimprc manpage and we might decide to make that information accessible from the preferences dialog as well.

All the information is extracted from the GimpRc object. This will assure that the information is always uptodate and accurate. If you are interested in this, check out current CVS and look at app/config. You can create the dump utility by calling 'make gimpconfig-dump'.

I could need some help with this task. We already extracted a lot of information out of the current man-page and added it to gimpconfig-blurbs.h. However a lot of the configuration options added lately have not yet been documented. I also think that the available text could need some proof-reading. So if anyone wants to help on this task, please speak up. I'd like to get this done before the 1.3.11 release in order to be able to ship an updated gimprc manpage that documents the (few and small) changes to the format.

Salut, Sven