RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

optional disabling of subsampling

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

optional disabling of subsampling Sven Neumann 22 Nov 14:18
  optional disabling of subsampling Simon Budig 22 Nov 14:19
   pattern for gimp_register_magic_load_handler Sylvain Jaume 22 Nov 16:19
   optional disabling of subsampling Neo 24 Nov 03:23
pattern for gimp_register_magic_load_handler Sven Neumann 22 Nov 16:47
optional disabling of subsampling Neo 23 Nov 05:31
Sven Neumann
2002-11-22 14:18:22 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hi,

Neo writes:

i've created a patch to gimppaintcore.c which allows subsampling to be disabled. this is very useful for pixel-precise work and watermarks.

could you please elaborate how this is different from using the pencil tool?

however.. i've looked around and i'm having difficulty understanding how to add an interface to that [ie. put a 'disable subsampling' option in some part of the preferences dialog, and make the 'disable subsampling' value be stored in gimprc] . the documentation is unhelpful regarding info on this particular subject.

if you really think a global preferences option is adequate here (I don't think it is), you probably want to use the latest CVS or wait for 1.3.11. We are currently redesigning the gimprc system. The new code makes it much easier to add a new option.

Salut, Sven

BTW: Do you have a real name? Neo is used by me for cvs commits and all my accounts, so it might cause some confusion.

Simon Budig
2002-11-22 14:19:21 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Sven Neumann (sven@gimp.org) wrote:

Neo writes:

i've created a patch to gimppaintcore.c which allows subsampling to be disabled. this is very useful for pixel-precise work and watermarks.

could you please elaborate how this is different from using the pencil tool?

It would allow to use brushes with a real alpha mask in pixel-exact mode...

Bye,
Simon

Sylvain Jaume
2002-11-22 16:19:19 UTC (over 21 years ago)

pattern for gimp_register_magic_load_handler

Hi all,

I've got a bunch of files file_name.001, file_name.002, file_name.003, ... Each pixel is coded with 2 bytes. So I decided to write a loader for this type of files. But the extensions parameter to gimp_register_magic_load_handler doesn't accept a pattern like "%03d" to say that the file extension is a 3 digit integer (padded with zeros).

How to tell Gimp to recognize file extension .001, .002, .003, ... ?

Any hint would be very appreciated! Sylvain

Sven Neumann
2002-11-22 16:47:21 UTC (over 21 years ago)

pattern for gimp_register_magic_load_handler

Hi,

Sylvain Jaume writes:

I've got a bunch of files file_name.001, file_name.002, file_name.003, ... Each pixel is coded with 2 bytes. So I decided to write a loader for this type of files. But the extensions parameter to gimp_register_magic_load_handler doesn't accept a pattern like "%03d" to say that the file extension is a 3 digit integer (padded with zeros).

How to tell Gimp to recognize file extension .001, .002, .003, ... ?

I don't think that this is possible, but you shouldn't rely on file extensions anyway. Your file format certainly has a header of some sort that can be used to detect the format.

Salut, Sven

Neo
2002-11-23 05:31:13 UTC (over 21 years ago)

i've created a patch to gimppaintcore.c which allows subsampling to be disabled.
this is very useful for pixel-precise work and watermarks. however.. i've looked around and i'm having difficulty understanding how to add an interface to that [ie. put a 'disable subsampling' option in some part of the preferences dialog, and make the 'disable subsampling' value be stored in gimprc] . the documentation is unhelpful regarding info on this particular subject.

if someone would either explain (generally) what sort of changes i'd need to make, or actually make the changes, i'd appreciate that.

the current patch is attached; note that the conditional check for disable_subsampling is not there. currently it checks a condition which will always be true (== meaning that disable subsampling is always ON).

Neo
2002-11-24 03:23:50 UTC (over 21 years ago)

It would allow to use brushes with a real alpha mask in pixel-exact mode...

yes, exactly.