RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

What's the status of mng support?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

What's the status of mng support? Nick Lamb 18 Nov 18:34
Nick Lamb
2002-11-18 18:34:45 UTC (over 21 years ago)

What's the status of mng support?

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 08:50:16AM -0500, David Weeks wrote:

Also, I've noticed my gimp png's transparentcy isn't showing correctly in Microsoft IE. Is this a bug with gimp, or MSIE?

Windows IE bug, known by Microsoft for at least five years.

Re: MNG support GIMP needs better animation support, perhaps even a (small) extra software package dedicated to this task. Every frame should be able to have multiple, sometimes common, layers.

e.g.

Picture of House + Bird with wings up + Man walk frame #1 Picture of House + Bird with wings down + Man walk frame #2 Picture of House + Bird with wings up + Man walk frame #3 Picture of House + Bird with wings down + Man walk frame #1 Picture of House + Bird with wings up + Man walk frame #2 Picture of House + Bird with wings down + Man walk frame #3

This needs 6 layers, six PNG (or JNG) sub-images in MNG and makes a 6 frame anim loop that's much tinier than the equivalent GIF.

I have no idea who will volunteer to do all this :( Meanwhile a MNG anim output equivalent to a layer->anim GIF save is not too difficult as a plug-in.

Nick.