RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

OS/2 compatibility

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Dreamworks, Shrek, and the need for 16 Bit Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero 01 Nov 18:27
OS/2 compatibility Robert L Krawitz 02 Nov 17:24
  OS/2 compatibility Sven Neumann 02 Nov 18:10
   OS/2 compatibility Robert L Krawitz 02 Nov 18:14
Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
2002-11-01 18:27:11 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Dreamworks, Shrek, and the need for 16 Bit

sven@gimp.org (2002-11-01 at 0211.09 +0100):

adjustments before the data is propagated down to 8bit? I was thinking of something like the levels tool. Do you think it would be possible to perform a reasonable first color adjustment only by looking at a histogram? In that case it should relatively easy to add that

It could be, yes, but I do not think a pure math way is the right way, images are "more white, no, less, tweak that".

functionality to some of the file plug-ins. Since this wouldn't need any support from the GIMP core (albeit perhaps some helper functions in libgimp and libgimpwidgets) this could happen for GIMP-1.4. What do you think?

I think it should be visual, a window with the image in 8 bit, and controls that decide how to get that 8 bit from the original 16 or 32. Basically black & white points and a curve. I say visual, cos it could mean what one does in the lab, but digital (load some copies, adjust each one at will, and mask and mix all the copies to get the final image).

PNG should be included in this family too, BTW. Any other format?

GSR

Robert L Krawitz
2002-11-02 17:24:56 UTC (over 21 years ago)

OS/2 compatibility

Is OS/2 compatibility (via #ifdef __EMX__) still a desired goal?

Sven Neumann
2002-11-02 18:10:46 UTC (over 21 years ago)

OS/2 compatibility

Hi,

Robert L Krawitz writes:

Is OS/2 compatibility (via #ifdef __EMX__) still a desired goal?

a good question that also came to Mitchs' and my mind up lately when working on GIMP code. Does it work at all? Do we have OS/2 users?

Salut, Sven

Robert L Krawitz
2002-11-02 18:14:34 UTC (over 21 years ago)

OS/2 compatibility

Date: 02 Nov 2002 18:10:46 +0100

Hi,

Robert L Krawitz writes:

> Is OS/2 compatibility (via #ifdef __EMX__) still a desired goal?

a good question that also came to Mitchs' and my mind up lately when working on GIMP code. Does it work at all? Do we have OS/2 users?

I suspect that the print plugin is broken. I've been doing some cleanup on the print plugin, and there's some code that just looks wrong. I'd rather get rid of it.