RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

perl-fu: queuing up?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

perl-fu: queuing up? larry@marso.com 07 Sep 03:16
  perl-fu: queuing up? Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 07 Sep 22:04
larry@marso.com
2002-09-07 03:16:09 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Is there anything built into Perl-fu that would permit me to "queue up" scripts, rather than having them run concurrently?

I don't have the system resources to manage multiple tasks, but I'd like to be able to run scripts from the command line or from within gimp without having them all fighting over memory and CPU time.

Any sort of queuing system in existence?

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2002-09-07 22:04:36 UTC (over 21 years ago)

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 06:16:09PM -0700, larry@marso.com wrote:

scripts, rather than having them run concurrently? I don't have the system resources to manage multiple tasks, but I'd like to be able to run scripts from the command line or from within gimp without

Why do you start them concurrently when you don't want them to run concurrently?

having them all fighting over memory and CPU time. Any sort of queuing system in existence?

I guess for commandline a simple shell-script would suffice, and if you have a really complicated case, any queueing system for batch jobs would help.

If you run the scripts within the same gimp instance you can use locking (see Gimp::lock and unlock in perldoc Gimp).