RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-docs-list Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

mailman.28472.1505406128.74... 14 Sep 16:42
  gimp-docs-list Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1 Gayle CDer via gimp-docs-list 14 Sep 16:39
Gayle CDer via gimp-docs-list
2017-09-14 16:39:48 UTC (over 6 years ago)

gimp-docs-list Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1

Get Bent!

From: "gimp-docs-list-request@gnome.org" To: gimp-docs-list@gnome.org
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 12:22 PM Subject: gimp-docs-list Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1
Send gimp-docs-list mailing list submissions to     gimp-docs-list@gnome.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit     https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs-list or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to     gimp-docs-list-request@gnome.org

You can reach the person managing the list at     gimp-docs-list-owner@gnome.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of gimp-docs-list digest..."

Today's Topics:

1.  Hello! (Famiglietti, Andrew A)   2. Re:  Hello! (Alexandre Prokoudine)   3. Re:  Hello! (dana thurston)
  4. Re:  Hello! (Bill Skaggs)
  5. Re:  Hello! (Alexandre Prokoudine)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1 Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 15:27:34 +0000 From: "Famiglietti, Andrew A"
To: "gimp-docs-list@gnome.org"
Subject: [Gimp-docs] Hello!
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi Gimp Documentation List!

I'm a professor in the English Department at West Chester University of Pennsylvania, and I'm planning to use Open Source Software documentation as a "real world" writing task for my Technical Writing Students this semester. I noticed your project was looking for documentation help and thought I would reach out. Some things you should know:

- I'm not going to swamp you with student pull requests. Students will file their drafts with me, first, and then I will pass them on to you only if I think they have a reasonably good end product, and I have an ok from the project

I was wondering:

- If you would be interested in seeing the documentation drafts students produce - If there was any particular area of documentation you were particularly in need of

Thanks so much for your time!

?

--- Andy Famiglietti, PhD
Assistant Professor of English, West Chester University http://copyvillain.org
-------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 2 Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 19:05:14 +0300 From: Alexandre Prokoudine
Subject: Re: [Gimp-docs] Hello!
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Famiglietti, Andrew A wrote:

I'm a professor in the English Department at West Chester University of Pennsylvania, and I'm planning to use Open Source Software documentation as a "real world" writing task for my Technical Writing Students this semester. I noticed your project was looking for documentation help and thought I would reach out. Some things you should know:

- I'm not going to swamp you with student pull requests. Students will file their drafts with me, first, and then I will pass them on to you only if I think they have a reasonably good end product, and I have an ok from the project

I was wondering:

- If you would be interested in seeing the documentation drafts students produce

Yes, definitely!

- If there was any particular area of documentation you were particularly in need of

Personally, I think that both "Getting Started" and "How do I Become a GIMP Wizard?" sections need revisiting, because a lot of chapters from the latter one belong to the foremr one really.

Moreover, the user manual is still missing updates for the upcoming v2.10. Julien Hardelin would be a better judge of that though.

Alex

Message: 3 Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 12:15:38 -0400 From: dana thurston
To: Alexandre Prokoudine
Cc: "gimp-docs-list@gnome.org"
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

That is really cool, Professor!

Do you have your own YouTube/Vidme/Minds channel? I find that individuals put up videos and that is how I learn (and re-learn) techniques in GIMP.

Loyal user for 6 years.

Dana

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine < alexandre.prokoudine@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm a professor in the English Department at West Chester University of Pennsylvania, and I'm planning to use Open Source Software documentation

as

a "real world" writing task for my Technical Writing Students this

semester.

I noticed your project was looking for documentation help and thought I would reach out. Some things you should know:

- I'm not going to swamp you with student pull requests. Students will

file

their drafts with me, first, and then I will pass them on to you only if

I

think they have a reasonably good end product, and I have an ok from the project

I was wondering:

- If you would be interested in seeing the documentation drafts students produce

Yes, definitely!

- If there was any particular area of documentation you were

particularly in

need of

Personally, I think that both "Getting Started" and "How do I Become a GIMP Wizard?" sections need revisiting, because a lot of chapters from the latter one belong to the foremr one really.

Moreover, the user manual is still missing updates for the upcoming v2.10. Julien Hardelin would be a better judge of that though.

Alex _______________________________________________ gimp-docs-list mailing list
gimp-docs-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs-list

URL:

Message: 4 Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 09:15:53 -0700 From: Bill Skaggs
To: Alexandre Prokoudine
Cc: "gimp-docs-list@gnome.org"
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

It's very difficult for students to write about broad topics like that. The chances of getting a useful result are much higher if they focus on limited domains such as tools, plug-ins, resources, etc.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine < alexandre.prokoudine@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm a professor in the English Department at West Chester University of Pennsylvania, and I'm planning to use Open Source Software documentation

as

a "real world" writing task for my Technical Writing Students this

semester.

I noticed your project was looking for documentation help and thought I would reach out. Some things you should know:

- I'm not going to swamp you with student pull requests. Students will

file

their drafts with me, first, and then I will pass them on to you only if

I

think they have a reasonably good end product, and I have an ok from the project

I was wondering:

Yes, definitely!

- If there was any particular area of documentation you were

particularly in

need of

Alex _______________________________________________ gimp-docs-list mailing list
gimp-docs-list@gnome.org

URL:

Message: 5 Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 19:21:34 +0300 From: Alexandre Prokoudine
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 7:15 PM, Bill Skaggs wrote:

It's very difficult for students to write about broad topics like that.

Which of the two areas of concern that I mentioned do you find broad? :)

Alex

Subject: Digest Footer

gimp-docs-list mailing list
gimp-docs-list@gnome.org

End of gimp-docs-list Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1