RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fwd: selection of a colour using python filters

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

CACfCOdUZskHwSF9vTebL3fNwYy... 23 May 18:50
  CACfCOdVEVP6+ROUDLvOmoXNwfA... 23 May 18:50
   Fwd: selection of a colour using python filters diego nassetti 23 May 11:22
    Fwd: selection of a colour using python filters Joao S. O. Bueno 24 May 15:45
diego nassetti
2017-05-23 11:22:22 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Forwarded conversation
Subject: selection of a colour using python filters ------------------------

To: gimp-developer-list-request@gnome.org

Hi, I noticed that using filters written in python, when there is to select a colour (parameter PF_COLOR), the interface panel appearing when clicking over the default colour shown by the filter is very limited with respect to the possibilities available in the standard color picking interface (and even in the interface of a filter written in script-fu). Is there any plan to improve it?
Thanks a lot.
(PS: I'm using Gimp 2.8.20)
Diego

----------
Date: Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:05 AM

Hi, to complete my request I attach examples of: - what I get trying to select a colour from a python filter - what I get when changing BG colour (which I called standard color picking) Would it be possible in a next release to have the std panel also when using a python filter?
Thanks

Joao S. O. Bueno
2017-05-24 15:45:01 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Moin -

There is no current effort or intent to improve on the color selection for Python or Script-fu plug-ins.
There are few developers on GIMP and they are focusing on other points of the codebase -

You can open a feature-request on http://bugzilla.gnome.org - be sure to specify exactly what you think
would be nice for this color picker, and then try to get someone to provide a patch.

It will help if you follow continue this e-mail thread detailing a little bit more what features you miss, and why it is important for you before opening the feature request - so that we can make some more suggestions to you.

regards,

js -> wrote:

Forwarded conversation
Subject: selection of a colour using python filters ------------------------

Hi, I noticed that using filters written in python, when there is to select a colour (parameter PF_COLOR), the interface panel appearing when clicking over the default colour shown by the filter is very limited with respect to the possibilities available in the standard color picking interface (and even in the interface of a filter written in script-fu). Is there any plan to improve it?
Thanks a lot.
(PS: I'm using Gimp 2.8.20)
Diego

----------
Date: Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:05 AM

Hi, to complete my request I attach examples of: - what I get trying to select a colour from a python filter - what I get when changing BG colour (which I called standard color picking) Would it be possible in a next release to have the std panel also when using a python filter?
Thanks
_______________________________________________ gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: gimp-developer-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list