RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

"completely different, much more secure solution"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-web-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

"completely different, much more secure solution" Scott VanRavenswaay 29 Jun 23:41
  "completely different, much more secure solution" Alexandre Prokoudine 30 Jun 03:52
Scott VanRavenswaay
2016-06-29 23:41:07 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

Having not been to the plugin registry for many years, but having just recently written few of my own, I was perplexed to see the current state of the index page for the site.. even more so when using the wayback machine to try to suss out exactly what it means. I find some talk of an apparent spam deluge, some general drupal misgivings, and something about the current "site owner."

I' not trying to be lazy, and in fact write because I am hopeful that perhaps I can help find a solution, however it doesn't seem productive to have to keep searching mail archives to try to find a concise summary for what has obviously been at least a year-long issue. Can someone direct me to a document or thread that explains the issues that need solving?

If my efforts are not needed, or whatever the case may be, perhaps something more descriptive than the current index page could be considered. If you don't already know, presently, and for quite a while according to the Wayback Machine, it says

We need to create a completely different, much more secure solution. This is going to take some time, and we'd appreciate your help. Please email to the gimp-web@ mailing
list, if you want to help us."

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-06-30 03:52:19 UTC (almost 8 years ago)

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 2:41 AM, Scott VanRavenswaay wrote:

I' not trying to be lazy, and in fact write because I am hopeful that perhaps I can help find a solution, however it doesn't seem productive to have to keep searching mail archives to try to find a concise summary for what has obviously been at least a year-long issue. Can someone direct me to a document or thread that explains the issues that need solving?

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-web-list/2016-April/thread.html

Alex