RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help to write plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help to write plugin Andrea Bortesi 02 Oct 03:35
  Help to write plugin Alexandre Prokoudine 05 Oct 10:06
   Help to write plugin Gez 05 Oct 15:53
Andrea Bortesi
2015-10-02 03:35:23 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Help to write plugin

Hi to all, I'm searching for someone to write an gimp plugin for me. I'm unable to do it.
I don't know how to do in this case. I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to call help. If someone have time to spend for me please contact me. The plugin should visualize the live webcam image into a layer. I need it to overlay other image with transparent portion to see through it the webcam video.
Is intended only to see the result in real time, not to generate a static image.
I have searched for it but I've found nothing. I'm a dental technician, the plugin should help me to make teeth. Sorry if this is not the right place... Thanks

Andrea Bortesi

Alexandre Prokoudine
2015-10-05 10:06:13 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Help to write plugin

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 6:35 AM, Andrea Bortesi wrote:

Hi to all, I'm searching for someone to write an gimp plugin for me. I'm unable to do it.
I don't know how to do in this case. I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to call help. If someone have time to spend for me please contact me. The plugin should visualize the live webcam image into a layer. I need it to overlay other image with transparent portion to see through it the webcam video.
Is intended only to see the result in real time, not to generate a static image.

Hi Andrea,

GIMP is not the right tool for that.

Perhaps you would have more luck with some VJ app that would take your live video input, overlay some image on top of it, and display the composite image on a display. On Linux that would be FreeJay, Lives, VeeJay, or Qeve.

Alex

Gez
2015-10-05 15:53:59 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Help to write plugin

El lun, 05-10-2015 a las 13:06 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine escribió:

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 6:35 AM, Andrea Bortesi wrote:

Hi to all, I'm searching for someone to write an gimp plugin for me.
I'm unable to do it.
I don't know how to do in this case. I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to call help. If someone have time to spend for me please contact me. The plugin should visualize the live webcam image into a layer. I need it to overlay other image with transparent portion to see through it
the webcam video.
Is intended only to see the result in real time, not to generate a static
image.

Hi Andrea,

GIMP is not the right tool for that.

Perhaps you would have more luck with some VJ app that would take your live video input, overlay some image on top of it, and display the composite image on a display. On Linux that would be FreeJay, Lives, VeeJay, or Qeve.

Hi Andrea,
if you were willing to write a plugin, then you can also try Processing. (www.processing.org)

Gez.