RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Python Interpreter on Windows

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Python Interpreter on Windows Partha Bagchi 18 Sep 20:44
Partha Bagchi
2015-09-18 20:44:30 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Python Interpreter on Windows

I am little puzzled with how the Python interpreter is well interpreted with GIMP. For instance, when I build GIMP from git, it's all good and the interpreter I specify in pygimp.interp works fine.

Now I create an installer from my build and install it in Program Files for example (location very different from my build location on a removable SSD) and I modify pygimp.interp to point to a different interpreter and it works fine.

However, If I make a copy of my original install and put it in another location, I get the dreaded: "GIMP-Warning: Bad interpreter referenced in interpreter file"

Also, this happens sometimes. It happens with current git pull. My last build a month ago, it didn't happen.

Can anyone tell me how exactly GIMP decides on Bad interpreter? Note that I know that GIMP checks to see if the interpreter is executable and it is as specified above. What else am I missing to fix this problem for me once and for all?

Thanks in advance, Partha