RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Configurable target value for the "Black point" and "White point" buttons on the Levels dialog

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Configurable target value for the "Black point" and "White point" buttons on the Levels dialog Rodrigo Severo 14 Jun 21:52
Rodrigo Severo
2015-06-14 21:52:48 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

Configurable target value for the "Black point" and "White point" buttons on the Levels dialog

Hi,

Currently the "Black point" and the "White point" buttons on the Levels dialog have a fixed target value, i.e., the point chosen with the "Black point" button available on the "All channels" section will change each channel to 0 and the "White point" button will change each channel to 255.

For the "All channels" black and white point buttons each channel target value should be configurable. In RGB mode this would give a finer method to create/remove color casts on images.

For the "Input levels" black and white point buttons, the global luminosity target value should be configurable. This would enable the tool to be used for different purposes than only maximizing contrast.

As a suggestion on how to implement these configurations, a double click on each button could open a new dialog box with one edit box per value to be edited.

I not sure if I should start this kind of conversation here in the mailing list on straight on the bug tracker.

Please advise.

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo

*Rodrigo Severo* | DIRETOR DE TECNOLOGIA
Tel. *+55 61 3030-1515*
Siga a Fábrica no twitter:*@empautaclipping*

fabricadeideias.com 
12 ANOS DE TECNOLOGIA E COMUNICAÇÃO
NUMA COMBINAÇÃO PERFEITA