RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Error during make of gegl

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Error during make of gegl Nivetha 06 May 10:50
  Error during make of gegl Jon Nordby 06 May 12:43
   Error during make of gegl Nivetha Vadivelu 06 May 19:59
    Error during make of gegl Jon Nordby 08 May 09:00
Nivetha
2015-05-06 10:50:46 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

I am trying to install gegl in my ubuntu machine 14.0. I configured and installed babl. However, when I run make I keep getting the following error:

gegl:noise-hsv babl-format.c:656 babl_format()
babl_format("HSVA float"): not found Could not attach to process. If your uid matches the uid of the target process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try again as the root user. For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf ptrace: Operation not permitted.
/tmp/babl.gdb:1: Error in sourced command file: No stack.
make[2]: *** [examples] Error 255

Can somebody please tell me what I am required to do to fix this error?

Thanks

Jon Nordby
2015-05-06 12:43:29 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

Did you install the latest release of babl (or git master) into the same prefix?

On 6 May 2015 at 12:50, Nivetha wrote:

I am trying to install gegl in my ubuntu machine 14.0. I configured and installed babl. However, when I run make I keep getting the following error:

gegl:noise-hsv
babl-format.c:656 babl_format()
babl_format("HSVA float"): not found Could not attach to process. If your uid matches the uid of the target process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try again as the root user. For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf ptrace: Operation not permitted.

Thanks

_______________________________________________ gegl-developer-list mailing list
List address: gegl-developer-list@gnome.org List membership:
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gegl-developer-list

Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com
Nivetha Vadivelu
2015-05-06 19:59:43 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

yes i did

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Jon Nordby wrote:

Did you install the latest release of babl (or git master) into the same prefix?

babl_format("HSVA float"): not found Could not attach to process. If your uid matches the uid of the target process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try again as the root user. For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.

Thanks

_______________________________________________ gegl-developer-list mailing list

--

Jon Nordby
2015-05-08 09:00:00 UTC (almost 9 years ago)

Ok. Have you tried explicitly setting BABL_PATH to the location of the babl extensions?
There should be a HSV.so file in there, might also want to verify that. export BABL_PATH=$prefix/lib/babl-0.1

On 6 May 2015 at 21:59, Nivetha Vadivelu wrote:

yes i did

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Jon Nordby wrote:

babl_format("HSVA float"): not found Could not attach to process. If your uid matches the uid of the target process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try again as the root user. For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.

Thanks

--