RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Move parse/to_xml to GeglNode?

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Move parse/to_xml to GeglNode? Gabriel Burt 18 Feb 03:58
Move parse/to_xml to GeglNode? Øyvind Kolås 18 Feb 12:18
Gabriel Burt
2007-02-18 03:58:06 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hello,

While working on gegl-sharp I noticed that it would seem to make more sense to have gegl_parse_xml be a static method in GeglNode and gegl_to_xml be an instance method of GeglNode. Just a suggestion. Thanks!

Gabriel

Øyvind Kolås
2007-02-18 12:18:27 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On 2/18/07, Gabriel Burt wrote:

Hello,

While working on gegl-sharp I noticed that it would seem to make more sense to have gegl_parse_xml be a static method in GeglNode and gegl_to_xml be an instance method of GeglNode. Just a suggestion. Thanks!

Maybe they should be renamed gegl_node_parse_xml and gegl_node_to_xml. They will not be merged into gegl-node.c anyways that file is too big and needs to be split up. I am even tempted to only rename gegl_node_to_xml and keep gegl_parse_xml as a global function.

The XML format isn't stabilized and thus we should probably have avoided exposing it in the API. But they are useful and do work. The fact that the XML format is in flux should probably be more strongly indicated in the API documentation.

/Øyvind K.