RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Exporting Keyboard shortcuts (key bindings/accelerators)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Exporting Keyboard shortcuts (key bindings/accelerators) Seldom Needy 11 Feb 20:13
  Exporting Keyboard shortcuts (key bindings/accelerators) Chris Mohler 11 Feb 20:47
Seldom Needy
2015-02-11 20:13:38 UTC (about 9 years ago)

I run GIMP on both work and home computers, and depending on the task at hand, this sometimes leads me to come up with a better key-configuration which I'd like to keep using across all installs of GIMP which I have.

Anyways, forgive me if this question has been asked before, but aside from just running GIMP from a flash drive...

I was wondering about the operation of importing and exporting keyboard shortcuts for GIMP. In other open-source softwares (say Blender or Komodo) this is relatively simple either from within the program or just via copying some stuff from application folders or /opt. As far as I'm aware for gimp though, this isn't built-in, nor are there extensions for doing it, so failing that, where precisely are these records stored? (Feel free to list all of them if you'd like, but the machines in question for me are all Win7 and Win8.)

Thanks!

Chris Mohler
2015-02-11 20:47:33 UTC (about 9 years ago)

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Seldom Needy wrote:

I was wondering about the operation of importing and exporting keyboard shortcuts for GIMP. In

See the note at the very bottom of this page: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-concepts-shortcuts.html

Basically, you should be able to copy the menurc file from one machine to the other.

Chris