RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Align Visible Layers Command

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Align Visible Layers Command Lunife Art 25 May 20:53
Lunife Art
2014-05-25 20:53:20 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Align Visible Layers Command

Steps i did:
1. Create new image with preset A4(300 ppi) 2.Created 2 layers names A and B: I used the paintbrushtool to draw an A on the A layer,and a B on the B layer.
Layers are ordered(from bottom to top): Background,A,B 3.Command: Image->Canvas Size,Width:350.01 mm, Height:247.40 mm,offset 0 on x and y,Resize Layers-none
4.Command: Image->Align Visible Layers with settings: *Horizontal syle=Collect* * Horizontal base=Right Edge* * Vertical style=None* * Vertical Base=Bottom edge* * Grid size=10*
* Ignore the bottom layer even if visible=checked* * Use the(invisible) bottom layer as the base=unchecked* After clicking OK,layers A and B are aligned to the left of my canvas(i know this because my layer boundary is displayed to the left and outside of my canvas).
If i set* Horizontal style=none* and V*ertical style=Collet* + *Vertical base=bottom* edge,layers are moved to the top and outside of my canvas.

Gimp help suggest that i should enlarge my canvas to see my layers.I've moved layes A and B back on the canvas. Question: Is this a bug(maybe a known bug-searched align layers in bugzilla and no results)? I'm assuming that when i set let's say *Horizontal style=Collect,**Horizontal base=Right Edge + Vertical style=none*, my visible layers should be aligned to the right edge and inside of my canvas. If this mode of operation for these setting is not a bug,then maybe Right Edge and Bottom Edge options should be eliminated from the dropdown menus in future versions of Gimp or renamed to something more intuitive. I am using Gimp 2.8.10 on Kubuntu 14.04.