RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Donation in Dogecoin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-web-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Donation in Dogecoin Felix von Drigalski 31 Jan 08:22
  Donation in Dogecoin Michael Schumacher 02 Feb 18:00
   Donation in Dogecoin Felix von Drigalski 03 Feb 01:57
Felix von Drigalski
2014-01-31 08:22:55 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Donation in Dogecoin

Hi,

I would like to donate in Dogecoin, but I'm not sure who to contact about it and propose it to. Since Bitcoin is already accepted, I probably don't have to explain a lot.

Dogecoin is also a cryptocurrency, but has a vibrant community and a lot of tipping activity and infrastructure. It recently gathered $30,000 in donations to send the Jamaican bobsled team to the Olympics, among other things. You can read more about it here and here

I'd be glad to donate when you put a wallet up :)

Cheers Felix

Michael Schumacher
2014-02-02 18:00:32 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Donation in Dogecoin

On 31.01.2014 09:22, Felix von Drigalski wrote:

Hi,

Hi Felix,

I would like to donate in Dogecoin, but I'm not sure who to contact about it and propose it to. Since Bitcoin is already accepted, I probably don't have to explain a lot.

we waited for over a year to accept Bitcoin after we had been approached about it initially, and started to do so only because it showed persistence, and exchanges were appearing that comply with local regulations.

The most visible event I recall of Dogecoin is an exchange/online wallet heist that is suspected to be an inside job and planned as such from the start.

If Dogecoin is still around and going strong a year from now, then we may think about accepting it.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
Felix von Drigalski
2014-02-03 01:57:28 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Donation in Dogecoin

Hi Michael,

that's reasonable. If you are being swamped by requests for other currencies in the meantime, you could also consider a payment processor rather than setting up the wallets yourself.

If not, I'll check back on this in a year :)

Best regards Felix

On 3 February 2014 03:00, Michael Schumacher wrote:

On 31.01.2014 09:22, Felix von Drigalski wrote:

Hi,

Hi Felix,

we waited for over a year to accept Bitcoin after we had been approached about it initially, and started to do so only because it showed persistence, and exchanges were appearing that comply with local regulations.

The most visible event I recall of Dogecoin is an exchange/online wallet heist that is suspected to be an inside job and planned as such from the start.

If Dogecoin is still around and going strong a year from now, then we may think about accepting it.

-- Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD _______________________________________________ gimp-web-list mailing list
gimp-web-list@gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-web-list