RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Little GUI thought

This discussion is connected to the gegl-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Little GUI thought Piotr Stopniak 10 Jan 06:02
Little GUI thought Øyvind Kolås 10 Jan 14:02
Piotr Stopniak
2007-01-10 06:02:39 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Little GUI thought

This may be obvious/redundant:

I was just doing some work in Photoshop which involved multiple layer sets that had to have the same opacity and it was a pain to change them all each time so I had this idea that you could define global variables or, in the DAG paradigm, simple scalar nodes you could hook up to drive values in many layers/nodes from one location. Could be an interesting thing for the GUI: a variable list/editor.

P.

Øyvind Kolås
2007-01-10 14:02:54 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Little GUI thought

On 1/10/07, Piotr Stopniak wrote:

I was just doing some work in Photoshop which involved multiple layer sets that had to have the same opacity and it was a pain to change them all each time so I had this idea that you could define global variables or, in the DAG paradigm, simple scalar nodes you could hook up to drive values in many layers/nodes from one location. Could be an interesting thing for the GUI: a variable list/editor.

GEGL itself has no GUI since it is a library/framework that applications can use to drive the rendering of both graph based GUIs as well as other approaches. The GUI that comes with the GEGL distribution is a code sample/sandbox for developers to test plug-ins, as well as a way to test the current performance of the GEGL engine it is not, at least at the moment; aiming to become a useful tool for end users. For that you would have to wait for GIMP to integrate with GEGL or perhaps other applications built on top of GEGL to emerge.

In DAG based GUIs the ability to use scalar values in the graph is common. The GEGL architecture has supported this in the past but it is possible that recent changes has made that ability disappear temporarily.

/Øyvind K.