RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fix v2.6 vestige

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fix v2.6 vestige RyoTa SimaMoto 16 Nov 04:43
  Fix v2.6 vestige RyoTa SimaMoto 17 Nov 22:32
   Fix v2.6 vestige Róman Joost 22 Nov 00:33
    Fix v2.6 vestige RyoTa SimaMoto 22 Nov 01:35
RyoTa SimaMoto
2013-11-16 04:43:16 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Fix v2.6 vestige

Hi,

Before 2.8.1 release I suggest two patches that deletes some non-relevant description for 2.8, and switches category of some filters.

* The patch Change-category-of-two-scripts.diff edits tags of
src/filters/light-and-shadow.xml, src/filters/artistic.xml, and src/filters/distort.xml to change categories of glasstile.xml and apply_lens.xml which are moved since 2.8.

* The patch Remove-some-standalone-scripts.diff removes three paragraphs of src/concepts/script-fu.xml. 'Classic GIMP.org' scripts are removed since 2.8, and 'Misc.' category with Sphere script is no longer available since 2.6.

RyoTa SimaMoto
2013-11-17 22:32:32 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Fix v2.6 vestige

I should apologize that I sent a wrong patch. Please edit the first attached file 'Change-scripts-category.diff', remove ../ on each insertion line. This mistakes cause bad errors claiming failure of loading external entity. Thank you.

You may already mentioned this update patch is a quick trick avoiding large change of PO files. Both XML source files would be better to move their pathes. Also this change require screenshot images of Distort menu and Light and Shadow menu ( images/*/menus/filters/distort.png , images/*/menus/filters/light-and-shadow.png ) to be updated.

Róman Joost
2013-11-22 00:33:52 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Fix v2.6 vestige

Dear RyoTa,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 07:32:32AM +0900, RyoTa SimaMoto wrote:

I should apologize that I sent a wrong patch. Please edit the first attached file 'Change-scripts-category.diff', remove ../ on each insertion line. This mistakes cause bad errors claiming failure of loading external entity. Thank you.

You may already mentioned this update patch is a quick trick avoiding large change of PO files. Both XML source files would be better to move their pathes. Also this change require screenshot images of Distort menu and Light and Shadow menu ( images/*/menus/filters/distort.png , images/*/menus/filters/light-and-shadow.png ) to be updated.

Is this still important to go into the release? I'm a bit confused as to why it is important that I have to apply it?

Cheers,

Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de
email: romanofski@gimp.org
RyoTa SimaMoto
2013-11-22 01:35:21 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Fix v2.6 vestige

Dear Róman,

The first patch 'Change-scripts-category.diff' may cause confusion to users and it must require much more tasks to fix this issue properly, so I am sorry but I should resign it. Now I try to generate a full patch of this update, but it will not be suitable for pre-release fix.

The second patch just removes few paragraphs, so it is not harmful.

島本良太 (SimaMoto,RyōTa)

2013/11/22 Róman Joost :

Dear RyoTa,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 07:32:32AM +0900, RyoTa SimaMoto wrote:

Is this still important to go into the release? I'm a bit confused as to why it is important that I have to apply it?

Cheers, --
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de
email: romanofski@gimp.org