RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Image Area doesn't respond to mouse.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Image Area doesn't respond to mouse. ArRaf 13 Jul 20:17
  Image Area doesn't respond to mouse. Tobias Lunte 13 Jul 20:25
   Image Area doesn't respond to mouse. ArRaf 13 Jul 20:48
    Image Area doesn't respond to mouse. Tobias Lunte 13 Jul 20:54
     Image Area doesn't respond to mouse. ArRaf 13 Jul 21:10
      Image Area doesn't respond to mouse. Dominik Tabisz 13 Jul 22:08
  Image Area doesn't respond to mouse. Michael Schumacher 13 Jul 20:36
2013-07-13 20:17:30 UTC (almost 11 years ago)
postings

Help me.
I am new at GIMP and installed the 2.8 today. After I run it and create new, I can click on the tools, layer windows, and the pattern and gradients normally(Like how I saw in online videos), but I can't click on the image/canvas area in the main window. I can click on the menu bar at the main window, but not the image. I have tried all tools, but alas it doesn't affect the image. ...and it seems the cursor location at the lower left corner isn't updated.

Tobias Lunte
2013-07-13 20:25:00 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

Am 13.07.2013 22:17, schrieb ArRaf:

Help me.
I am new at GIMP and installed the 2.8 today. After I run it and create new, I can click on the tools, layer windows, and the pattern and gradients normally(Like how I saw in online videos), but I can't click on the image/canvas area in the main window. I can click on the menu bar at the main window, but not the image. I have tried all tools, but alas it doesn't affect the image. ...and it seems the cursor location at the lower left corner isn't updated.

Reminds me of when tablets aren't recognized, though i've never heard of it with the normal mousepointer.
Try opening edit->input devices and check if "core pointer" can be found there; its mode should be set to "screen". Don't know if, but hope this helps.

bw,
Tobl

Michael Schumacher
2013-07-13 20:36:59 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

On 13.07.2013 22:17, ArRaf wrote:

I am new at GIMP and installed the 2.8 today. After I run it and create new, I can click on the tools, layer windows, and the pattern and gradients normally(Like how I saw in online videos), but I can't click on the image/canvas area in the main window.

What platform is this?

Regards,
Michael
2013-07-13 20:48:25 UTC (almost 11 years ago)
postings

Am 13.07.2013 22:17, schrieb ArRaf: Reminds me of when tablets aren't recognized, though i've never heard of
it with the normal mousepointer.
Try opening edit->input devices and check if "core pointer" can be found
there; its mode should be set to "screen". Don't know if, but hope this
helps.

bw,
Tobl

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I am actually using a tablet, I typed mouse for easier term. I've opened Edit>Input devices just like you said. The "core pointer" is there and it has already been set to screen, but it still hasn't work. Is there anything else? I would appreciate it.

Tobias Lunte
2013-07-13 20:54:14 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

Am 13.07.2013 22:48, schrieb ArRaf:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am actually using a tablet, I typed mouse for easier term. I've opened Edit>Input devices just like you said. The "core pointer" is there and it has already been set to screen, but it still hasn't work. Is there anything else? I would appreciate it.

if you're using a tablet, there should be other entries in the menu as well, representing different parts of the tablet (stylus, eraser, buttons, etc. ; though they may not be labeled as obviously). Try setting the one for the stylus to "screen". Also, make sure you have used your tablet before starting gimp (for example by using the stylus to launch gimp), or else it won't get recognized by the program.

bw, Tobl

2013-07-13 21:10:07 UTC (almost 11 years ago)
postings

if you're using a tablet, there should be other entries in the menu as well, representing different parts of the tablet (stylus, eraser, buttons, etc. ; though they may not be labeled as obviously). Try setting the one for the stylus to "screen". Also, make sure you have used your tablet before starting gimp (for example by using the stylus to launch gimp), or else it won't get recognized by the program.

Ok, I've set them to screen, and I have restarted the program. The result is still the same, still no respond from any kind of tools. Also, the cursor location updates started messing up, and the cursor is blinking or some sort. Retried this a few times, still showing the same result

Dominik Tabisz
2013-07-13 22:08:20 UTC (almost 11 years ago)

It seem that similar problem appear on many versions of GIMP, 2.6, 2.21, 2.7.*, 2.8
another instance where it occurs is using mouse/touchpad and tablet simultanously (my case)

Is this particular problem happening on GNU/Linux or You encountered it on another OS?

2013/7/13, ArRaf :

Ok, I've set them to screen, and I have restarted the program. The result is
still the same, still no respond from any kind of tools. Also, the cursor location updates started messing up, and the cursor is blinking or some sort.
Retried this a few times, still showing the same result

-- ArRaf (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list

Dominik Tabisz